forum Punk Rock ›› How is Satanic Warmaster NOT nsbm? ›› new reply Post Reply
Swordmaster
Time Husk
4,920 Posts
38/M/NJ

offline   (1)
November 3 2006 7:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I love Satanic Warmaster. I personally don't give a shit about the band's lyrics or ideological stance, and I'm half Jewish.

And they're not even close to be NS or WP in any "real" sense... Their lyrics intertwine satanism and evil with NS themes in a way that makes no sense whatsoever. It's about shock value and evil/offensive themes.

Hell, even Motorhead used a swastika in their logo back in the day and Will Rahmer has a couple swastikas on his vest, yet nobody ever talks about them like this. And Xos, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't someone in your band have a Totenkopf tattoo on their arm?
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,235 Posts
8/M/PA

offline     (5)
November 4 2006 2:31 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:xMAIDENx

Or just don't listen to black metal.

aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (1)
November 4 2006 6:38 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Eric Paradox

why do people even care so much? it makes as much sense as people not listening because it's christian. it's always a plus if it's cool, but I do not give a shit, at all, about lyrical and artistic themes in a band if I like their music.

I sometimes kind of wish I was black or Jewish or something so I could actually be offended by something. but most of you aren't even Jewish and none of their content affects your life in any way so if you enjoy the music, go with it and ignore the subject matter.

I don't have any problem listening to Christian bands though a whole album about how much someone loves Jesus would most likely get on my nerves. And like I said, my enjoyment goes down when I can hear them talking about Nazi bullshit.

And I think swastikas are different because people use them to shock and be anti-society or whatever, but when you're saying things like aryan race and nordic blood etc, it just really puts me off.

And I take both of those terms from only looking at the lyrics to one song.
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,235 Posts
8/M/PA

offline     (5)
November 4 2006 3:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Or just don't listen to black metal.

Dahmer666
Time Husk
1 Posts
27/F/NA

September 15 2011 6:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
ACTUALLY, as a anti nazi Satanic Warmaster fan myself. ive done research on this topic and hes said so himself that if people want to misconstrue his lyrics into something they are not i repeat NOT. and this was when he was asked about NSBM. he said thats theyre own problem. however i do agree. most heavier music talks about very barbaric things. Typically i try to avoid it. Im a punk fan but I like black metal aswell and you know thats the problem a lot of people in the scene face today. Nazis or a band being accused of being nazi i think its all total bullshit. stick to what shit is actually about the music is about the misanthropist mindset and the nazi philosophy is all about people. which is contradicting to what to music is really expressing. The occult, the whole misanthrope shit. nothing to do with nazis. but anyways. im sick of this bullshit. lets all just get together and just rock the fuck out.
TheOtherGodhead
N.I.L.
11,730 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (2)
September 15 2011 8:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Louis Mozart
350125 go
850 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (1)
September 16 2011 3:54 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
As a brown person, i fucking love NSBM. I think it has the anger and hatred that the 90s bands had, even though it is directed at a group that I fully support. I really like Capricornus and Dark Fury. I think most people just try to act offended. I have a Mayhem long sleeve with totenkopf on it from 97 and I don't care. However, I am clear what the symbol might mean given the WW2 significance. It is like people getting butt hurt over Death in June.

In American racist history, a jewish lawyer defended the KKK or some other hate group.
Carlo_HC
hardcore for life
24,426 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (1)
September 16 2011 8:00 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Louis Mozart

As a brown person, i fucking love NSBM. I think it has the anger and hatred that the 90s bands had, even though it is directed at a group that I fully support. I really like Capricornus and Dark Fury. I think most people just try to act offended. I have a Mayhem long sleeve with totenkopf on it from 97 and I don't care. However, I am clear what the symbol might mean given the WW2 significance. It is like people getting butt hurt over Death in June.

In American racist history, a jewish lawyer defended the KKK or some other hate group.

robot sonic
post master
1,260 Posts
31/M/NJ

offline   (14)
September 16 2011 8:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol
a national acrobat
KT88
30,389 Posts
33/M/PA

offline     (5)
September 18 2011 10:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
seems like the jews can take care of themselves, they own half the world, the entire media and a big chunk of NYC. i doubt a band that might have sold 10,000 albums is going to make a big influence
Chris_High
Chooch
2,359 Posts
30/M/FL

offline   (1)
September 20 2011 12:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I can understand hating Nazis. Obviously the Holocaust and Hitler were horrible. But when someone talks shit about the Jews, isn't that just the same as someone talking shit about Christians? It's nitpicking really. You can make fun of one half of a religion but not the other.
BlackWidow_of_LaPort
Devil Knows My Nam
24 Posts
26/F/KY

October 31 2011 11:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
who care if Satanic Warmaster are nazis? their music kicks ass, so why worry about what they do in their spare time? People need to just ignore the little things and focus on what brings everyone together: the music. simple.
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,235 Posts
8/M/PA

offline     (5)
October 31 2011 11:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: BlackWidow_of_LaPort

who care if Satanic Warmaster are nazis? their music kicks ass, so why worry about what they do in their spare time? People need to just ignore the little things and focus on what brings everyone together: the music. simple.

Racism in all of it's forms isn't exactly a "little thing." Most rationally thinking people like to distance themselves from pieces of shit like that.
BlackWidow_of_LaPort
Devil Knows My Nam
24 Posts
26/F/KY

October 31 2011 11:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
well, im never going to be hanging with satanic warmaster, so i dont really care. racism is overrated. theres too many people in the world to worry about race or color or any shit like that.
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,235 Posts
8/M/PA

offline     (5)
October 31 2011 11:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Hilarious.
forum Punk Rock ›› How is Satanic Warmaster NOT nsbm? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: How is Satanic Warmaster NOT nsbm?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?