forum Politics and Society ›› Stock Market Crashes 300 points ›› new reply Post Reply
asdfjasfjas
Dead Serious
14,498 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (1)
July 31 2007 8:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Futures suggest we'll be up again today. Good thing you all ran out of your positions.
carlos danger
something
23,443 Posts
29/M/ME

offline   (1)
July 31 2007 9:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the board of Trustees at News Corp. aka FOX just approved a deal to buy Dow Jones for $5 Billion
asdfjasfjas
Dead Serious
14,498 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (1)
August 1 2007 9:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Keep posting articles and explaining the market to me. Buying when things are high and selling when they're low sounds like your path to success.
I Am Legion
nothing
1,057 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 1 2007 9:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
It went up about 150 today, but that's still down 300 from last thursday. My brother is heavily in the market but didn't get hit too bad because he was one of the assholes selling last thirsday, but he says the American markets are "on steroids"; artificially pumped up in general, and prone to fast gains like today which can be equally followed by fast losses. It's all about when you buy and sell, so some of the biggest losers in the last week were people that were locked into a put at a specific price that was higher than it was worth on that particular day.
I put everything in the mattress myself.
asdfjasfjas
Dead Serious
14,498 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (1)
August 1 2007 10:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: WhiskeyForBreakfast

Originally posted by:BillyLostin

you should start buying as it drops. Open up a position now, and if it keeps dropping keep buying.

Exactly, that's how you get things cheap. You do it in companies that have value and will rebound. Warren Buffet and Robert Graham agree with me, that's all I need.
I Am Legion
nothing
1,057 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 3 2007 8:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
dropped 284 again today in another friday sell-off. not a good sign.
kind of makes me think that this week's "recovery" was just some wishful thinking, pumping and some stock manipulation by the people behind the sell-off today.
9to5KillingSpree
holy cow
1,577 Posts
34/M/PA

offline   (5)
August 3 2007 8:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
didn't some guy just buy a huge chunk of the Dow??
I Am Legion
nothing
1,057 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 3 2007 9:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
that 'some guy' was actually rupert murdoch, the kingpin behind the new your post and fox news.
dow jones inc. actually spiked because of it, but that has nothing to do with the companies the index covers.
I Am Legion
nothing
1,057 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 3 2007 9:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
what's scary is that the title of this thread is accurate for the second week in a row.
lottery hypnosis
Prof. Mammalchicke
2,066 Posts
12/M/PA

offline   (3)
August 15 2007 7:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
well, it was down another 150 points today and 200 points yesterday - all this AFTER getting a transfusion from the fed last friday - so yeah, i think something's up more than the usual hiccups.
I Am Legion
nothing
1,057 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 16 2007 1:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
down another 200 as of a few minutes ago.
G uNiT UgLy
g@unit.cum
3,230 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (4)
August 16 2007 1:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:WhiskeyForBreakfast

Originally posted by:BillyLostin

you should start buying as it drops. Open up a position now, and if it keeps dropping keep buying.

this is why people kill their brokers.

I Am Legion
nothing
1,057 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 28 2007 5:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
again, today.
brian.
new cocks
144,970 Posts
33/M/IL

online   (9)
September 8 2007 12:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol@pretty much anyone on this board talking about this issue. it makes me laugh, a lot
asdfjasfjas
Dead Serious
14,498 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (1)
October 1 2007 9:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Oh hey guys, just wanted to come apologize. I was so wrong. What a bad idea it was to buy stocks on the downturn! I mean, had you listened to me you would've lost so much money as the market moved back up to 14087 today.

Whiskey for Breakfast, you're obviously the pro. Sorry.
forum Politics and Society ›› Stock Market Crashes 300 points ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Stock Market Crashes 300 points

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?