forum Politics and Society ›› Stock Market Crashes 300 points ›› new reply Post Reply
palealeisgreat
no
4,998 Posts
35/M/AZ

September 16 2008 2:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:billy ray cyrus, MD

good thing all those assholes like matt voted for bush because they thought he'd be good for the economy.

billy ray cyrus, MD
slugger
1,784 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (13)
September 17 2008 11:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:bitsOfury

cause of gas and that's not bushes fault silly

lulz
billy ray cyrus, MD
slugger
1,784 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (13)
September 17 2008 11:35 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol. it's down 300 more points right now. and mccain is still saying everything's rosey.

click here for link
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

online   (9)
September 17 2008 12:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

lol. it's down 300 more points right now. and mccain is still saying everything's rosey.

click here for link

Yes, the fundamentals of our economy are still strong... as long as you don't count the auto industry, airlines, the housing market, mortgage and other lenders, insurers, etc...
calliope farm
giant
293 Posts
28/F/NA

offline   (1)
September 17 2008 3:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Biden: McCain's Economic Stance 'A Political Realization, Not Policy Conversion'

Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Biden accused John McCain of having "a political realization, not a policy conversion" that led to the Republican presidential candidate changing his language about the nation's struggling economy.

"Sen. McCain at 9 a.m. yesterday said, yesterday morning, he stated again -- quote -- 'the fundamentals of this economy are strong,'" Biden said at Linvilla Orchards in Media, Pa., causing the crowd of 3,000 to boo loudly.

"I'm not just saying this to get a boo," Biden continued. "I'm saying this to point out just how -- at 10 o'clock, as we Catholics say, John had an epiphany: John said the economy is in economic crisis. Now, what happened in one hour between the economy being sound and an economic crisis looming? Well, John had a political realization, not a policy conversion."

The Delaware senator, who dubbed McCain's economic philosophy "bankrupt," argued that a Republican-backed elimination of government oversight had caused the country's current economic problems.

"John McCain, if he actually realized what was going on, he would have been forced to admit that the economic philosophy, one that he shares with Bush, the economic philosophy of the last eight years, is a bankrupt philosophy," said Barack Obama's running mate. "He would have to admit that we could have used some common sense oversight, we could have looked out a little bit for the middle class. If we did, we would have made a big difference."

Biden then blamed McCain for "proudly shredding" government regulations of Wall Street years ago.

"Today, he's talking about the greed of Wall Street," Biden said. "Yesterday, the day before, a year before, two years before, he was on Wall Street heralding the fact that he was proudly shredding whatever regulation and oversight that, in fact, were to manage these markets that now he calls greedy."
Brian FELLOW
Oscillate Wildly
3,920 Posts
30/M/MA

offline   (5)
September 17 2008 3:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I Am Legion
nothing
1,057 Posts
36/M/NA

offline   (1)
September 17 2008 5:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
down 449 today. [yikes]
white trash dirt bag
pass the whore
2,167 Posts
34/M/NA

offline   (6)
September 20 2008 6:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
and what's going on now with these bail-outs is putting the economy on life-support, not a cure.
Eric Paradox
east bay grease
68,058 Posts
32/M/CA

offline     (33)
September 20 2008 6:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: bitsOfury

cause of gas and that's not bushes fault silly

WHAT?
billy ray cyrus, MD
slugger
1,784 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (13)
September 29 2008 2:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
it was down 700 a half an hour ago, but recoiled to -419. i hate to be all doom and gloom, but this could be the big one.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

online   (9)
September 29 2008 3:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

it was down 700 a half an hour ago, but recoiled to -419. i hate to be all doom and gloom, but this could be the big one.

No doubt. I'm just glad I have a stable employer and an actual contract for the next year.
ChoadM111
3,445 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (6)
September 29 2008 3:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
im so fucked
G uNiT UgLy
g@unit.cum
3,230 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (4)
October 2 2008 12:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:BillyLostin

Originally posted by: Consider Me Dead

down 200 for the day. probably a good time to sell before it's fully 'corrected' itself, which a buddy of mine said will be around the 11,000 mark.

11,000? Are you serious? Don't listen to your buddy. Most analysts say this is a correciton, which means maybe a thousand points followed by a bull market. Even a bear market would have to be pretty fierce to drop to 11,000 from 14,000.

And if you're investing, rather than trading, you should start buying as it drops. Open up a position now, and if it keeps dropping keep buying.

lols
brian.
new cocks
144,185 Posts
33/M/IL

online   (9)
October 3 2008 11:41 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
for every 10 years, usually two of them are bear-ish markets lasting around 18 months. we're on something like the 13th month maybe? i dont carry any short term positions at the moment and generally couldnt care about any of this from a personal prespective...its obviously interesting news but thats it for me. ive talked to some people that are all up in arms about this and have no vested interest in any of it and have never spoke of it before. shit tanks and everyones an expert, which is always funny.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

online   (9)
October 4 2008 10:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Hymen Holocaust

lol@ thinking a contract means anything in a depression.

5 billion dollar endowment and money already set aside within my dept. budget for my salary.
forum Politics and Society ›› Stock Market Crashes 300 points ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Stock Market Crashes 300 points

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?