forum General Crabbery ›› Snowday Thursday ›› new reply Post Reply
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,295 Posts
41/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (1)
January 4 2018 6:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I learned on a manual and couple cars after that stick as well. When I got older I realized it was stupid to drive stick..... especially in traffic when it sucks balls
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
212,339 Posts
38/M/PA

online     (23)
January 4 2018 6:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
nothing will change numberwise
homusmomus673
Master Baiter
63 Posts
7/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (1)
January 4 2018 6:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Mother Nature can Bomb cyclone my dick.
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,474 Posts
32/M/NA

online  mobile reply   (13)
January 4 2018 6:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I want post count, favourite wine and automatic/manual under my name.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
212,339 Posts
38/M/PA

online     (23)
January 4 2018 6:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'll be adding a top/bottom field that will display an icon next to everyones name depicting that
Kev_in
One falls off
2,536 Posts
36/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (6)
January 4 2018 6:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I have a really low tolerance for alcohol since I very rarely drink now. I’m full on buzzed after like 2 glasses of wine or 2 regular beers. 1 golden monkey will absolutely get me drunk
Russhington D.C.
swallows loads
289 Posts
20/F/NA

January 4 2018 6:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: pahulkster

Driving a stick seems like heating up the boiler in your steam car at this point. Unless you’re Jay Leno or driving an old car it doesn’t make any sense.
This. Also, clutches suck in cities with really steep hills; replaced two in the same car while at CMU.

And the mileage and performance argument was valid years ago, but automatic transmissions today are a lot better and there's not really much environmental or speed advantage one way or the other. I guess if you drive only for fun it's a different experience, but if you don't give a shit and just want to get from Point A to Point B, it's more of a pain in the ass than it's worth imo.
Wiseacre
Time Husk
1,458 Posts
30/F/PA

online  mobile reply   (3)
January 4 2018 6:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kev_in

Smashed my truck today!

Sorry :( glad you’re okay.
Dickscraper
dickacraper
25,952 Posts
30/M/IL

online  mobile reply   (11)
January 4 2018 6:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Going out for beers and then to Kuma's. I'm strictly only drinking once every 10 days between now and my trip to India so this will be nice.
Mystical Fog of Gobulon
Time Husk
576 Posts
20/M/NA

offline  mobile reply 
January 4 2018 6:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I've had a few manual transmissions. At the time the car was available that had them for whatever reason so I bought them. I prefer an automatic in all circumstances to be honest. Being in rush hour in Pittsburgh (hills) was a total nightmare with a stick in my daily 1.5 hour traffic jams.
Kev_in
One falls off
2,536 Posts
36/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (6)
January 4 2018 6:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I wonder if Stephen Hawkings get royalties or anything when tv shows (mostly animated) use his robot voice
Wiseacrescrackaddiction
Time Husk
54 Posts
118/

offline  mobile reply 
January 4 2018 6:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Brett Weir
im gay
44,595 Posts
33/M/NY

online  mobile reply   (7)
January 4 2018 7:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I learned manual one day and absolutely murdered it and then two days later went to drive a manual truck and fucked up a bunch and never tried again since
brian.
new cocks
144,185 Posts
33/M/IL

online  mobile reply   (9)
January 4 2018 7:23 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dickscraper

I would like to learn, though, since it would make renting a car abroad a lot cheaper.

ive driven a few friends manual cars throughout life but never had one of my own. when it came time to drive around ireland for 11 days i got a manual toyota yaris, i think the second cheapest option, since the smallest would have been far too small for me (and the yaris was kind of tight).

the first city we went to, Cork, was like 80% brutal hills. i had a panic attack like two hours into the trip because i stalled so many times and had no idea how we were going to complete the rest of that trip. the rest of that day was rough but i figured out hills ok the next day and the rest was fine. now i’m looking forward to driving around some other country in a manual right hand drive car.
Dianana
8====D
66,014 Posts
35/F/PA

online  mobile reply   (8)
January 4 2018 7:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Many years ago I asked a guy I liked to teach me how to drive stick so I could eventually play with his. He was a premature ejaculator. I started dating Wren a few months later, he is not a premature ejaculator.
forum General Crabbery ›› Snowday Thursday ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Snowday Thursday

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?