all threads All Threads ›› Stock Market Crashes 300 points ›› new reply Post Reply
Pollcat
afam / aasr 32°
23,560 Posts
40/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
August 5 2011 8:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I wouldn't place all blame on them. Companies are sitting on millions of "cash" scared to invest due to so much uncertainty inthe world.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
August 5 2011 1:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Kadesh

Originally posted by: asdfjasfjas

The market is not going to "crash". Don't worry that much. The market is at its highest levels adjusted for inflation since the end of the tech boom. Drops in the stock market are good things if you know what you're doing. I can't wait for a decline so I can build up some positions.

if this bush were still president back in the day, it would all his fault. right dwarn? just jokin. your the icon to me for the entire liberal movement....that's not quite accurate, I hope

Well, dumbass... the economy crashed in part due to de-regulation that Bush oversaw and endorsed, and our debt "crisis" was of his making... two wars he didn't bother to pay for and huge tax cuts for the wealthy (and where are all those jobs that was supposed to create?) as well as a record expansion of the federal government.

It isn't all Bush's fault, of course, but he was one of the major players in getting us to where we are today.. and of course he was kinda.. I dunno... PRESIDENT, not just some low level functionary, and he was in many ways continuing Republican policies of the last few decades... to the same disastrous effect. You can, as the whole party has, try to distance yourself from Bush and say he wasn't a "real conservative" but remember that during his time in office and shortly after you yourself said that A. the only thing you really disagreed with him on was his handling of illegal immigration and B. he would eventually be seen as one of the nations greatest presidents. The truth is that Republicans and conservatives only distance themselves from Bush in hindsight.. same with all this panic about "fiscal conservatism". None of these things were a problem to you people AT ALL as long as a Republican was in office. In fact it would be very hard to find any real organization or much bitching about the debt and government size until the Republicans lost control of congress 6 years into Bush's administration.
Pollcat
afam / aasr 32°
23,560 Posts
40/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (1)
August 5 2011 1:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Obvious bush has to take some blame but the market is also crashing because of what's going on in other countries. Spain, Italy, Greece, Japan etc....
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
August 5 2011 1:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: crunkmoose

The market is not going to "crash". Don't worry that much. The market is at its highest levels adjusted for inflation since the end of the tech boom. Drops in the stock market are good things if you know what you're doing. I can't wait for a decline so I can build up some positions.

if this bush were still president back in the day, it would all his fault. right dwarn? just jokin. your the icon to me for the entire liberal movement....that's not quite accurate, I hope

Well, dumbass... the economy crashed in part due to de-regulation that Bush oversaw and endorsed, and our debt "crisis" was of his making... two wars he didn't bother to pay for and huge tax cuts for the wealthy (and where are all those jobs that was supposed to create?) as well as a record expansion of the federal government.

It isn't all Bush's fault, of course, but he was one of the major players in getting us to where we are today.. and of course he was kinda.. I dunno... PRESIDENT, not just some low level functionary, and he was in many ways continuing Republican policies of the last few decades... to the same disastrous effect. You can, as the whole party has, try to distance yourself from Bush and say he wasn't a "real conservative" but remember that during his time in office and shortly after you yourself said that A. the only thing you really disagreed with him on was his handling of illegal immigration and B. he would eventually be seen as one of the nations greatest presidents. The truth is that Republicans and conservatives only distance themselves from Bush in hindsight.. same with all this panic about "fiscal conservatism". None of these things were a problem to you people AT ALL as long as a Republican was in office. In fact it would be very hard to find any real organization or much bitching about the debt and government size until the Republicans lost control of congress 6 years into Bush's administration.

I don't know if I need to repeat myself. CALLED IT.
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
August 5 2011 1:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
get over bush, it was more than 4 years ago!
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
August 5 2011 4:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

get over bush, it was more than 4 years ago!

around 3 years.. not more than 4. Also, we can stop discussing Bush when both of his wars are over... and how long did we have to hear whining about Clinton after he was out of office? You want people to stop talking about Bush because you want people to forget what he did and what Republicans did.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
August 5 2011 4:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by: crunkmoose

I don't know if I need to repeat myself. CALLED IT.

Yeah, whats your point? Its a bit like saying "Hey, I bet in this discussion about the federal government you will mention the constitution".
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
August 5 2011 8:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I love your anti-insult comments, like it never happened. You missed me.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
August 7 2011 3:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

I love your anti-insult comments, like it never happened. You missed me.

Like what never happened? You pointing out something that would be obvious not because of me but because of the facts of the situation itself?

Dude, you guys are talking about skiing.. I bet you'll mention snow!
Caaaaallled it!
Brett Weir
im gay
44,910 Posts
33/M/NY

offline  mobile reply   (8)
August 7 2011 3:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Why the fuck do you not block that literal retard?
Kadesh
Kadesh
37,478 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (26)
August 7 2011 6:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
bored. doesn't bother me.
white trash dirt bag
pass the whore
2,167 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (6)
August 8 2011 4:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
holy shit

Dow closes down 633 points after final plunge

August 8, 2011 | 1:12 pm

The Dow Jones industrial average finished the day down 633 points Monday after a full-day sell-off accelerated in the final hour of trading as investors struggled to absorb Standard & Poor's decision to downgrade the United States' credit rating.

Investors piled out of stocks and into a few "safe havens," such as gold and Treasury bonds. The appetite for Treasury bonds suggests that the Standard & Poor's downgrade has not shaken investors' faith in U.S. bonds.

Market experts said the Monday sell-off was sparked by the S&P announcement but was motivated more by growing concerns about the weakness of the global economy.

"It’s really all about economics," said Mike Norman, the chief financial strategist at John Thomas Financial.

The Dow ended the day down 633.17 points, or 5.5%, at 10811.44. The broader Standard & Poor's 500 index fell even more sharply, finishing the day down 79.83 points, or 6.6%, at 1119.55.

"It's been harried," said Sal Arnuk, head of Themis Trading, which has its trading floor in Chatham, N.J.

The concern about the U.S. credit rating was amplified when Standard & Poor's announced Monday morning that it was also downgrading the debt of mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, which rely on U.S. government guarantees. But traders said much of the pessimism Monday resulted from broader concerns about the economy.
white trash dirt bag
pass the whore
2,167 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (6)
August 8 2011 9:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
and again

9 August 2011 BBC

Asian markets tumble after share sell-off in the US

Tokyo - Asian markets have been hammered amid fears that the US is heading for a recession and after Wall Street posted the biggest losses since late 2008.

Japan's Nikkei 225 index fell 3.7%, South Korea's Kospi lost 5%, and Australia's ASX shed 3.8%.

Earlier in the US, the Dow Jones stock index dropped 5.6%, despite US President Barack Obama trying to reassure investors.

A US recession would hurt Asia's export-led economies.

"You can't control it," Peter Esho, chief market analyst at City Index, told the BBC.

"You have the onset of fear in the market. There are a lot of things that don't make sense."
Rocking market

Analysts said a number of issues had created the current market pessimism.

At the heart of the problem is the fear that ongoing debt problems in the US and Europe will slow economic growth and dent corporate profits.

On top of that, the US had its triple A credit rating cut by Standard and Poor's for the first time in history, added to the sense of gloom surrounding the world's biggest economy.

"What's rocking the market is a growth scare," said Kathleen Gaffney of Loomis Sayles.

She said investors were concerned about "how Europe and the US are going to work their way out of a high debt burden" if the global economy slowed.

Rajiv Biswas of IHS Global Insight told the BBC that investors were worried that given the issues with the US credit rating downgrade there will be a drop in government spending.

"That will be a a big drag on growth," he said.
Historic moves

City Index's Mr Esho added that a combination of these fears has dented market sentiment, and prompted investors to dump stocks across all industries in the US.

The S&P 500 index was down 6.7% in New York on Monday, the worst drop since December 2008, with every listed stock falling.

In points terms, the Dow ended down 635 to 10,810, its biggest one-day decline since October 2008, and the sixth largest on record. The Nasdaq index fell even further, losing 6.9%.

Earlier in the UK, the main FTSE 100 index lost 3.4%, or 178 points. It was the first time in the FTSE 100's 27-year history that it had fallen by more than 100 points for four sessions in a row.

Share indexes also fell heavily across Europe on Monday, with Germany's Dax ending down 5%, while France's Cac lost 4.7%.
brett brett
Time Husk
1,379 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (39)
August 8 2011 10:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
glad i sold my SNSS last month

bought 1200 shares at 1.55, sold at 3.10, ended today at 1.60.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
June 3 2012 1:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Glad I didn't get suckered in by the Farcebook IPC.. you know.. Initial Public Cornholing.
all threads All Threads ›› Stock Market Crashes 300 points ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Stock Market Crashes 300 points

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?