25,328 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (17)
July 30 2009 8:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: lord sauron

Originally posted by:ricardo negromás

Originally posted by:Zen Arcade

What do you think?

He can play again but like.. 6 game suspension but come on, he paid his debt.. and for what? All he did was kill a bunch of dogs.. pfft.. and he didn't really kill them, they killed each other and he watched..

what's the real injustice?

I think its the same as any job after committing a crime. yeah, he's a shitty dude...but it doesn't change the fact that he's a football player and its what he does for a living.

the dog thing looks bad on the resume, but legally there's nothing saying he can't play football anymore. its a moral issue, and for the NFL to decide. if I could still make $$ off the dude I'd hire him.

at the expense of the morals and ethics of your league?

its not a right to play in the NFL. fuck this piece of shit.

same rules have to apply to everyone. rich or poor.
VVes 570
m.t.f.u.
25,328 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (17)
July 30 2009 8:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
why can't football just be about football. the media ruins everything regardless of guilt.
Joe Boccuto
programmatic
25,747 Posts
36/M/PA

offline     (20)
July 30 2009 8:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Wes Mantooth

What do you think?

He can play again but like.. 6 game suspension but come on, he paid his debt.. and for what? All he did was kill a bunch of dogs.. pfft.. and he didn't really kill them, they killed each other and he watched..

I think its the same as any job after committing a crime. yeah, he's a shitty dude...but it doesn't change the fact that he's a football player and its what he does for a living.

the dog thing looks bad on the resume, but legally there's nothing saying he can't play football anymore. its a moral issue, and for the NFL to decide. if I could still make $$ off the dude I'd hire him.

same rules do apply to everyone. he is not being denied employment, nor would he be if he were banned from the NFL. What do you think your chances would be of going to jail for something like that, and upon release getting your SAME job back? He can find work elsewhere.
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,110 Posts
52/M/NA

offline   (1)
July 30 2009 8:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Wes Mantooth

why can't football just be about football. the media ruins everything regardless of guilt.

how is this about the media? mike vick is the one who made it not about football.
VVes 570
m.t.f.u.
25,328 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (17)
July 30 2009 8:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
touche salesman
VVes 570
m.t.f.u.
25,328 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (17)
July 30 2009 8:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:adam.

how is this about the media? mike vick is the one who made it not about football.

yeah ESPN has nothing to do with the drama surrounding this

what I meant was I don't care anymore. I'm tired of the argument for or against. He's most certainly not going to be signed to the Steelers or Eagles so I really couldn't care less what happens.
screaming moon
King
3,478 Posts
67/M/PA

offline   (2)
July 30 2009 9:22 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
DID NOT READ

This Nigger should be shot in the fucking head in front of his family.
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,457 Posts
40/M/NY

offline   (4)
July 30 2009 11:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

What do you think?

rape looks really bad on a resume too. engaging in any kind of torture should probably preclude someone from any kind of public life in a decent society. which apparently we are not.
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,457 Posts
40/M/NY

offline   (4)
July 30 2009 11:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Joe Boccuto

Originally posted by:Wes Mantooth

What do you think?

same rules do apply to everyone. he is not being denied employment, nor would he be if he were banned from the NFL. What do you think your chances would be of going to jail for something like that, and upon release getting your SAME job back? He can find work elsewhere.

mcdonald's is hiring.
James T. Grey IV
Stronger than all!
4,477 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (5)
July 31 2009 12:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Screaming Alien

This nigger should be shot in the fucking head in front of his family.

Yep.
riggard
Time Cubin'
6,281 Posts
31/M/PA

offline     (7)
July 31 2009 1:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:lord sauron

What do you think?

never said it was a right. I'm just saying this case is being attacked like he shouldn't LEGALLY be allowed to play.

morally/ethically - fuck the guy. he can start a new career as a janitor for all I care.
Jason Voorheees
dogfood meatballs
6,457 Posts
40/M/NY

offline   (4)
August 15 2009 12:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:I Am Legion

there are plenty of football players, and plenty more every year. we don't need him, we don't want him, and he will be forgotten as a player long before he's forgotten as a scumbag.

Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,110 Posts
52/M/NA

offline   (1)
August 15 2009 4:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by:adam.

yeah ESPN has nothing to do with the drama surrounding this

what I meant was I don't care anymore. I'm tired of the argument for or against. He's most certainly not going to be signed to the Steelers or Eagles so I really couldn't care less what happens.

the irony was tangible.
VVes 570
m.t.f.u.
25,328 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (17)
August 15 2009 4:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
blindsided.gif
all threads All Threads ›› Mike Vick ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Mike Vick

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login: