all threads All Threads ›› Wrensday ›› new reply Post Reply
Dianana
8====D
66,450 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (8)
January 3 2018 11:09 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
It's really annoying when you point out a mistake to someone (this is my job), and they make excuses or don't even acknowledge it as a problem. Dude, I'm here to help, I don't fucking care about whatever you're talking about just say, "my bad, got it," and don't ask me to fucking explain 5 times why you're wrong. It's not a debate.
Brett Weir
im gay
45,208 Posts
34/M/NY

online  mobile reply   (8)
January 3 2018 11:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
“Let’s have a debate” -some fucking jerkoff in a Rick and Morty shirt
Wiseacre
Time Husk
2,189 Posts
31/F/PA

online  mobile reply   (3)
January 3 2018 11:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Bomb cyclone. Awesome.
Cumby
Time Husk
10,336 Posts
30/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (4)
January 3 2018 11:21 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
38,324 Posts
61/M/NA

offline   (23)
January 3 2018 11:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dianana

It's really annoying when you point out a mistake to someone (this is my job), and they make excuses or don't even acknowledge it as a problem. Dude, I'm here to help, I don't fucking care about whatever you're talking about just say, "my bad, got it," and don't ask me to fucking explain 5 times why you're wrong. It's not a debate.

Do you work at Power Home Remodeling?
Brett Weir
im gay
45,208 Posts
34/M/NY

online  mobile reply   (8)
January 3 2018 11:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Cumby

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.

An American classic
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
44,998 Posts
37/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (18)
January 3 2018 11:34 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I want to know what husk is.
I want you to show me.
the cat
numetal/juggalo
7,487 Posts
35/M/DC

offline   (5)
January 3 2018 11:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

That sucks. In my head I picture a low key sexist boomer who will never change or ever be called out on anything ever.
Dianana
8====D
66,450 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (8)
January 3 2018 11:45 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: XWHISKEYX

Do you work at Power Home Remodeling?

Yes, I'm here to help people out, make sure everyone gets paid and shit runs smoothly. I'm not a jerkoff, micromanaging coworker that gets off on telling people they did something wrong. I'd rather not talk to anyone, to be honest. And there are a lot of forms of insubordination that I am a fan of because I really don't care all that much.
Dianana
8====D
66,450 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (8)
January 3 2018 11:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: the cat

That sucks. In my head I picture a low key sexist boomer who will never change or ever be called out on anything ever.

It was through email and I worded myself as professionally as I could but also in a "wtf y r u doing this, time to stop," type way. And it was some young, new guy that I don't even know. He will try it with the wrong person, like they all do.
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,523 Posts
32/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (13)
January 3 2018 11:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I googled bomb cyclone and now the prime minister is on the phone.
Dianana
8====D
66,450 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (8)
January 3 2018 11:53 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
brian.
new cocks
145,639 Posts
34/M/IL

offline  mobile reply   (9)
January 3 2018 11:57 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i’m currently off. i just booked another time to be off.
same all inclusive resort in punta cana from this time last year.

i don’t want to go back to being on.
brian.
new cocks
145,639 Posts
34/M/IL

offline  mobile reply   (9)
January 3 2018 11:57 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

XWHISKEYX
Old Head
38,324 Posts
61/M/NA

offline   (23)
January 3 2018 12:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

Originally posted by: the cat

It was through email and I worded myself as professionally as I could but also in a "wtf y r u doing this, time to stop," type way. And it was some young, new guy that I don't even know. He will try it with the wrong person, like they all do.

I am not sure if you know a guy named Jim Feeley, he dates a friend of my family. Really nice guy, did the Mexico trip.
all threads All Threads ›› Wrensday ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Wrensday

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?