31/F/NA

April 18 2005 12:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
ivy000
fuckface
3,011 Posts
29/F/PA

offline   (13)
April 18 2005 12:47 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
it would probably just mess with your hormones and make you moody/crampy or something. you might also breakthrough bleed. you might as well just wait until after your next period.

and i'm on ortho tricyclen lo. i love it to death. it's been nothing but good to me. my skin cleared up when i took it, but i still get really moody a week before my period. it's not too bad, unless you're on the weird ones like seasonale. i was on that before and it fucking blew. i bled for months on end. i like month to month pills.
viva hate
nipple salad
13,012 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (23)
April 18 2005 1:18 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i love the pill....yeah i don't have much else to say. ask a doctor
thisgirldesire
loves jews.
28,277 Posts
33/F/AZ

offline   (19)
April 18 2005 1:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'm on ortho lo too. i've been less crampy, my skin has been a little less tempremental, my mood swings are lighter than what it was without it and being on regular period cycle is the best thing in the world.

i started mine the first sunday after my period. if you take it in between, it just takes a while for it to get regular and for your hormones to all straighten out. nothing horrible, it's just easier i guess if you start it around the time your period is.
InTheButtLikeWhat
get low
12,901 Posts
34/F/CA

offline   (6)
April 18 2005 8:51 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
your doctor should have told you when to start taking it and there should be instructions with it.
i used to take ortho tricylen and it made me gain 15lbs, maybe more. my cramps werent as bad though. i stopped taking it because of the weight gain and then i realized i really dont like chemically altering my body that way and stopping it from doing what it's supposed to do. that's just me.
my_username_is_bec
a dingo ate me out
2,638 Posts
31/F/NA

April 18 2005 9:10 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Katie.
gets boy haircuts
6,743 Posts
35/F/NJ

offline   (11)
April 18 2005 9:14 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
if you start midcycle you are either going to push your cycle back like two weeks (since thats how far into it you are) or you are going to have breakthrough bleeding when you would normally get your period and it might taken awhile to get your cycle back in order.

I reccomend waiting till a sunday whenever you get your period or right before and start it then that way you dont fuck with your cycle too much. and just be careful the first 7 days you use it because its not totally effective until after 7 days.
JessiSnow
PA R-T3
15,681 Posts
38/F/PA

offline   (1)
April 18 2005 9:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
There is always so much stupidity in these threads.

Just wait, don't take it now. Good luck.
InTheButtLikeWhat
get low
12,901 Posts
34/F/CA

offline   (6)
April 18 2005 9:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:JessiSnow

There is always so much stupidity in these threads.

quote]
who said anything stupid?
Bitch_Tits
metal pipe, anyone
11,329 Posts
33/F/AK

offline   (17)
April 18 2005 10:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:my_username_is_bec

There are instructions with it and they say to start taking it on the first day of the next period but I was wondering what would happen if I didn't do that. - something it doesn't mention and that I forgot to ask the doctor. I can't afford to go back, hence my questioning it here. I'll probably just wait.

I'd thought about going on birth control for a while but had always hated the idea of unnecessary chemicals, much like you. That was very well, up until I started having regular sex. I don't have enough faith in condoms to use them solely, so I have no choice (other than abstinence and that's not going to happen).

I don't know if things work differently in Australia, but my doctor or pharmacist are more than willing to answer any questions I might have - whenever they arise. You don't have to go back and pay him/her to answer a simple question, just call and explain to the nurse/receptionist/whomever that you were in recently and had a question that slipped your mind.

And your doctor will almost certainly tell you to wait. Pills don't work immediately anyway.. you will still be able to get pregnant for up to a month after you take the first pill. Waiting 2 weeks until your next period begins won't kill you, you'll be using condoms for quite a while anyway.
vanillasmile
Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

April 18 2005 10:10 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i'd wait cause something like that is real sketchy...unless you're not actually using it for birth control and just to control your period. just my opinion though, that kind of stuff makes me so paranoid.
my_username_is_bec
a dingo ate me out
2,638 Posts
31/F/NA

April 18 2005 10:34 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Bitch_Tits
metal pipe, anyone
11,329 Posts
33/F/AK

offline   (17)
April 18 2005 10:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Haha, I'd agree with the annoying.. but awkward/mood killers? Put it on with your mouth and he'll never have a problem with it.
my_username_is_bec
a dingo ate me out
2,638 Posts
31/F/NA

April 18 2005 10:43 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
.maria.
SI3C
4,375 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (5)
April 18 2005 10:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:my_username_is_bec

Yeah I've done this before. If it has spermicide on it the taste is dreadful.

that it is
Bitch_Tits
metal pipe, anyone
11,329 Posts
33/F/AK

offline   (17)
April 18 2005 11:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Dan.

Originally posted by:Double_Standard

Haha, I'd agree with the annoying.. but awkward/mood killers? Put it on with your mouth and he'll never have a problem with it.

i have yet to meet a girl that knows how to do this. i've heard about it being done. i know a couple girls that say they've done it, but i still haven't had it done. i heard the latex doesn't taste very good.

Well, of course the latex doesn't taste that great.. but neither do spermies. And it's not something I'd do regularly, but when an ex started his "why do we always have to use a condom?" whining, it was a good way to shut him up.

all threads All Threads ›› Attn girls: the pill ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Attn girls: the pill

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?