forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› my weight loss plan ›› new reply Post Reply
cbrickhouse

vanilla gorilla
213,549 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
April 6 2007 1:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
is working awesomely. i hit up the elliptical all week, i tacked on five minutes a day. i feel like even once i lose all the weight i can still enjoy using that thing 2 or three times a week to maintain the weight. so far since i stopped drinking on weeknights and eating better , and recently started working out, i've dropped 20 lbs. and i can bet i will drop another 20 in a month if i keep upping my elliptical times. i also do toning weight lifting 3x a week, and i started using the nautilus stomach thing. if anyone has any suggestions/wants to share anything feel free
boog
older budweiser
3,859 Posts
45/M/FL

April 6 2007 1:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
what exercises do you use on the elliptical? i always do stuff like the intervals or hills so i don't just run on a flat setting...

glad to hear you're doing well. i started a similar program about 4 weeks ago. i've slacked the last week but i haven't gained any weight back thankfully. i've lost about 12 lbs so far, and my endurance has jumped way up since i started.

i don't get tired after lunch anymore either, which fucking rules.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,549 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
April 6 2007 1:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah im noticing my energy levels are way up already, it's cool. so far on the elliptical i just do the flat course. i figure im going to work my way up to the harder stuff once i get my endurance up.
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (5)
April 6 2007 1:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,549 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
April 6 2007 1:21 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i look like a holocaust survivor there
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,622 Posts
35/M/PA

online   (1)
April 6 2007 2:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Lift weights a little more seriously if you can. The more muscle you have the better you'll look, and you'll also lose more weight.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
April 6 2007 2:28 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
chris once you feel comfortable i'd start doing interval training on whatever cardio machine you are using or if you plan to run outside.

sprint a minute...walk a minute...sprint a minute...walk a minute...try that for 30 min or as long as you can go...make 30 min your goal...once you hit the part where you can't burst for the minute anymore just got a decent pace until you finish your time. This will help your cardio endurance drastically.

Running with sweats on will help burn some extra calories as well. But start out with just a sweat shirt before doing the whole suit because your sweating will significantly change and if you aren't used to losing that much water in that short of time you will get funny.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
April 6 2007 2:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:pahulkster

Lift weights a little more seriously if you can. The more muscle you have the better you'll look, and you'll also lose more weight.

this too.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
April 6 2007 2:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
thats called a Plateau.

I change my routine every 6 weeks normally but currently i'm on this 12 week program. Chris if you want to check that out you are more than welcome too. Its meant to strengthen, improve muscular indurance, and put on some size but not bulk you up dramatically.
RyanSchwenksville
Stoked,Pumped
11,858 Posts
34/M/PA

offline     (8)
April 6 2007 3:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
ziggy and brickhouse both dieting. we should have a pahardcore weight loss contest
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
213,549 Posts
39/M/PA

offline     (23)
April 6 2007 3:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: pahulkster

yeah i plan on it. i just wanted to get started with something that would give me a nice boost to start. when i drop some weight and start to feel great i will up the weights.

Originally posted by: WREN

thats called a Plateau.

I change my routine every 6 weeks normally but currently i'm on this 12 week program. Chris if you want to check that out you are more than welcome too. Its meant to strengthen, improve muscular indurance, and put on some size but not bulk you up dramatically.

what does it consist of? i have a month and a half before a go on a cruise and im trying to drop weight (around 30 lbs) by then
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,035 Posts
37/M/PA

online   (18)
April 6 2007 7:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
you look like steve o in that pic
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
45,035 Posts
37/M/PA

online   (18)
April 6 2007 8:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i stopped drinking beer for the most part, i have been drinkn beam on the rocks when i go out. beer has tons of empty calories, maybe cut out beer on one of your weekend nights and drink vodka or bourbon
WREN
Pulp Free
52,194 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (20)
April 7 2007 7:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:cbrickhouse

Originally posted by: pahulkster

yeah i plan on it. i just wanted to get started with something that would give me a nice boost to start. when i drop some weight and start to feel great i will up the weights.

Originally posted by: WREN

thats called a Plateau.

what does it consist of? i have a month and a half before a go on a cruise and im trying to drop weight (around 30 lbs) by then

it varies from week to week. there are 6 phases. each phase consists of 2 weeks.

Phase 1 - basic routine. 3 sets of each exercise 8 - 10 reps
Phase 2 - a little more advanced routine. 3 sets of each exercise 8 - 10 reps
Phase 3 - week 1 heavy weights low reps - week 2 low weights high reps
Phase 4 - week 1 low sets- week 2 high sets
Phase 5 - week 1 long rest period - week 2 short rest period
Phase 6 - week 1 slow reps - week 2 fast explosive reps
cmfong
Time Husk
4 Posts
27/M/NY

December 16 2017 5:47 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Hi every, nice to meet you all. I'm have many year experience in waist training for weight loss, also I'm selling the best waist trainer for weight loss too.
click here for link
click here for link
cmfong
Time Husk
4 Posts
27/M/NY

December 16 2017 5:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Thanks
forum Health, Fitness, MMA ›› my weight loss plan ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: my weight loss plan

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login: