all threads All Threads ›› x-files sequel... ›› new reply Post Reply
vanillasmile

Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

July 17 2007 9:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

'X-Files' 2: The sequel is out there
David Duchovny says long-awaited second film could become reality

The sequel is out there, and it may be closer than you think.

"X-Files" fans may finally be getting their wish to see Agents Mulder and Scully reunite on screen - the big screen, that is.

The long-rumored sequel to 1998's "X-Files" feature film may soon be starting production, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

David Duchovny, who played truth-seeking Agent Fox Mulder on the hit FOX series (and in the feature film), said Saturday during the Television Critics Association press tour that the long-delayed film may finally be coming to fruition - with co-star Gillian Anderson "on board" to reprise her role as skeptic-turned "believer," Agent Dana Scully.

"I'm supposed to see a script next week," said Duchovny, adding that "X-Files" creator Chris Carter and series executive producer Frank Spotnitz wrote the screenplay.

Carter reportedly had been one of the factors behind the delays in making the sequel, due to a now-settled lawsuit he filed in 2005 against 20th Century Fox Television. The lawsuit reportedly cited breach of contract, contractual interference and other claims over payments allegedly owed to him from the television series.

The film's story reportedly will avoid the steep (and oftentimes confusing) "alien conspiracy" mythology developed throughout the series' nine-season run and in the first film, and will instead focus on a self-contained threat for Mulder and Scully to contend with.

"No, we're not going into the mythology (in the sequel)," Spotnitz told SciFi.com in May of last year. "One of the things that was exciting about doing it is to not make it a mythology story, and it's like one of the stand-alone episodes. It's a bit scary. Of course, we will catch up with the characters and what is going on in their lives, but it's not about the alien conspiracy. It's not about that."

anyone else hear anything about this?? no doubt i will see this!
resche37
feature presentati
1,007 Posts
18/M/NA

July 19 2007 11:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I actually enjoyed the first one. Saw it in theatres if I remember right. Ill probably see this also.
G uNiT UgLy
g@unit.cum
3,231 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (4)
July 20 2007 2:11 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
they've been saying this for years, and i didn't see a date on that article so i'm not sure how old it is, but i'll believe it when i see it. everyone involved with that show - which was great - thinks their shit smells like roses and it was all them, so it may take a few more years before they realize it was the high point of their careers and they'll never do anything better and be humbled enough to turn it into a sequel franchise. hopefully, they'll do it while they can still pull it off.
DougEfresh
Fuck it, who cares
1,908 Posts
38/M/NJ

offline   (6)
July 21 2007 10:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
The first one was great. I'd like to see a sequel.
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,479 Posts
35/M/PA

online   (1)
July 24 2007 9:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I didn't know wtf the whole back story on the X-Files was the entire time the series was on because I never watched it consistently. I always preferred the single story episodes, but would probably like the whole deal if I went back and watched the series. I like how they made the movie stand on its own, but also be a big deal to the hardcore fans.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,190 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (20)
July 24 2007 10:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i could honestly care less. I liked some of the first few episodes and the episode where Bruce Campbell played a demon but that was about it.
..::localeye::..
Bird watcher
11,208 Posts
43/M/FL

offline   (18)
July 24 2007 10:51 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
the tv show was great. it was the first show i really got into and made it a point to be in front of the tv each week. i still watch them when i can. the movie was a complete letdown...i wonder why they would do a sequel now? i don't think anyone cares at this point

the episode "home" is still by far my favorite. it was shown once on fox and then it was never aired again because they thought it was to graphic for tv. it was a disturbing episode for tv
exocannibal
how tripods work
1,457 Posts
36/M/NY

July 24 2007 12:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'd see this no doubt. One of the greatest shows of all time until Mulder left.
vanillasmile
Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

July 24 2007 4:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
the old episodes are definitely better than any of the later ones and i'm sure this movie won't be anything amazing but theres no doubt i'd see it
all threads All Threads ›› x-files sequel... ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: x-files sequel...

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?