all threads All Threads ›› Psilocybin ›› new reply Post Reply
thevengenceaz

king hippo
10,585 Posts
34/N/A/AZ

offline   (1)
December 3 2007 4:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
So about two months ago i attempted to grow some mushrooms and they're finally starting to pop out. i took some this weekend and it was probably one of the better mushroom trips i've ever had.

i grew the "mexi-cub" strain which is kind of local to my general area. the visuals were intense and the body high was unlike any i've ever had. i felt really connected with everything around me.

i took some pictures on my phone but i couldn't get them uploaded so i'm gonna take some more when the next flush comes in a few days then i'll post them. they basically look like this though, yellow caps sometimes orange with spots. mine didnt grow quite as big, but then again it is only my first time.

anyone else here ever grow their own mushrooms?
hanszimmer
breeze 'em out
21,316 Posts
33/M/NY

offline   (7)
December 3 2007 4:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i wouldn't advertise this online. that's just me, though.
thevengenceaz
king hippo
10,585 Posts
34/N/A/AZ

offline   (1)
December 3 2007 4:12 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: insomniawesome

i wouldn't advertise this online. that's just me, though.

there are entire websites dedicated to growing mushroomsthat have their own message boards, i doubt anyone will notice. and if they did i really don't care.
tony plush
Anxiety Hangover
11,182 Posts
27/M/WI

offline     (5)
December 3 2007 10:55 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
thats awesome.

how exactly did you do this?
Zamsu.
bazooka tooth
811 Posts
27/M/NY

offline   (12)
December 3 2007 10:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'd like to try my hand at this some day.
logictrip
run like hell
6,591 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (4)
December 3 2007 11:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
did you order your spores online?

did you use a syringe or a spore print?
thevengenceaz
king hippo
10,585 Posts
34/N/A/AZ

offline   (1)
December 4 2007 12:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: joe4lyfe

thats awesome.

how exactly did you do this?

Originally posted by: logictrip

did you order your spores online?

did you use a syringe or a spore print?

i used a brown rice and vermiculite substrate to grow the mushrooms. it's called the "PF TEK" its really really easy to do it just requires a lot of patience.

unfortunately for me it was so hot here it took long for the cakes to colinize, but finally its starting to pay off.

i ordered a syringe on line for $10, it came in a few days. i even totally fucked it up and it still worked, its actually not hard to do at all, and i got most of the stuff i needed from people on craigslist so it was really cheap as well. i say i spent maybe $40
aboutleaving
stainin
20,639 Posts
30/M/NA

offline   (1)
December 4 2007 12:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i would like to do this at some point, since holland is making them illegal.
logictrip
run like hell
6,591 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (4)
December 5 2007 7:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
did you make cakes using mason jars? if so, how many did you use and how much would you say you got from them?
thevengenceaz
king hippo
10,585 Posts
34/N/A/AZ

offline   (1)
December 6 2007 12:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:logictrip

did you make cakes using mason jars? if so, how many did you use and how much would you say you got from them?

i used 12 mason jars, two got contaminated so it came out to ten. each cake will probably flush three times and the weights will vary, but i should get a good oz or two of dried mushrooms, maybe more, maybe less. if you were to case the the cakes afterward you could increase your yeild exponentially. i wasn't ready to try that yet though seeing as how this was my first time and it is a bit more complicated.
BobSacamano
out of the tombs
5,659 Posts
29/M/PA

offline   (16)
December 6 2007 4:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:smell the roses

wtf?? a reference to the myth that this shit happens to babies born to mothers who have used LSD? shrooms are not LSD, and this is a myth anyway. dumbarse.
BobSacamano
out of the tombs
5,659 Posts
29/M/PA

offline   (16)
December 6 2007 8:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
also, ive been considering the PFtek for a few years now, but never had the motivation to actually order the syringes and take the time to cultivate that shit... maybe i should finally give it a go...

...and there are actually kits you can order with the cakes pre-sterilized and whatnot, all you have to do is press a button on the box and release the spores into the shit you grow them on. cost a bit, but it saves you the effort of preparation.
Blue Penguins
skeetbeats
291 Posts
26/M/GA

offline   (3)
December 12 2007 11:47 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
My brother had a nice PF TEK set up going on.
Sadly, the entire batch became contaminated after 2 or 3 harvests and he didnt have the resources (spore syringes) to restart.
all threads All Threads ›› Psilocybin ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Psilocybin

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?