all threads All Threads ›› I'm going to grow papaver sominiferum ›› new reply Post Reply
thevengenceaz

king hippo
10,585 Posts
34/N/A/AZ

offline   (1)
March 20 2008 4:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
any one else ever do this?

I have some seeds a friend gave me a while ago, but i also saw that they are pretty cheap to order online. anyone know anyone who has done that and if it is legal or not. is it like mushrooms where you can have the spores but not the mushrooms themselves?

from everything i've read, opium poppy is basically a weed and it will grow anywhere, but if anyone has advise for me i would like that.
BobSacamano
out of the tombs
5,659 Posts
29/M/PA

offline   (16)
March 26 2008 10:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i knew a guy who grew a windowbox of em in his apartment awhile back.... he said they grew pretty easily, if that helps. and yeah, you can legally possess the seeds but not the flowers.
carlos danger
something
23,443 Posts
29/M/ME

offline   (1)
March 27 2008 5:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think the Controlled Substances Act prohibits the poppies themselves, and any extract thereof, but you can buy the seeds anywhere for cooking so obviously the law is a little lax there. If you were growing them inconspicuously (say, in a garden among other flowers) I really don't think a cop would even know.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.
TheAndersonCult
Time Husk
23 Posts
10/M/NA

March 27 2008 7:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
adsfadsfsdf
all threads All Threads ›› I'm going to grow papaver sominiferum ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: I'm going to grow papaver sominiferum

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?