all threads All Threads ›› Why Not Hemp? ›› new reply Post Reply
thevengenceaz

king hippo
10,585 Posts
34/N/A/AZ

offline   (1)
April 24 2008 8:50 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

With all the problems facing the world right now, looming wars, rising fuel prices, food shortages, and catostrohpic weather phenomena, it seems pretty stupid that we are sticking to some backward christian mentality, when the rest of the world has already passed us by. what i am refering to is americas unwillingness to jump back into the 18th century and start growing hemp on an industrial level.

Besides the obvious, hemp could be used for hundreds of products, inculding those which are now produced by oil such as plastic. in addition, the technology already exists to turn its cellulose into clean burning, effcient energy, enough of to supply the entire country's energy demand. Hemp differs from corn in that it takes very little nutrients to grown, meaning we don't need to grow it on our best farm land, and 1 acre of hemp can produce up to 1000 gallons of fuel. In addition, unlike corn, hemp actually feeds the land rather then depleting it, so it could be used as a nutrient crop to re-fertilize after a food crop has drained all the nutrients out of the soil. Hemp itself is a food enjoyed all over the world, and its culinary uses are limitless. i've even seen hemp ice cream!

the hemp used for fuel and textile production contains very small amounts of the psychoactive chemical THC, so you prude bastards shouldn't have anything to worry about. and any stray crops that may be planted in with the industrail hemp would surely be fertilzed rendering the plant useless, therefore, there is very little to be concernd about in that respect.

i encourage everyone to do a little research on hemp, and see for yourself how we could completely end our dependence on foreign oil, as well as create a more healthy planet for us all.

click here for link

carlos danger
something
23,443 Posts
29/M/ME

offline   (1)
April 24 2008 9:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
beyond me why we don't utilize domestically viable crops to their full potential before trying to import other country's. I fucking hate everything about corn.
palealeisgreat
no
4,998 Posts
34/M/AZ

April 25 2008 4:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
dupont and the oil companies do not want hemp to be used, because then nobody would need their products
i
und keine eier
938 Posts
38/M/PA

offline     (11)
April 25 2008 11:33 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Cannibas Sativa is a gift to humanity that we have been denied in the name of "The War on Drugs" and competing industries (e.g., the timber industry, the oil industry, the prescription drug industry) for far too long.

i
und keine eier
938 Posts
38/M/PA

offline     (11)
April 25 2008 11:44 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ask your US Representative to Cosponsor HR 1009 - "The Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2007"

click here for link
cory..
ARF ARF
5,780 Posts
28/M/NA

offline   (6)
April 25 2008 11:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
backwards is right.
Otzi
Time Husk
8,535 Posts
29/M/PA

offline   (3)
April 26 2008 2:48 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
hippies will use it to get high
palealeisgreat
no
4,998 Posts
34/M/AZ

April 26 2008 4:17 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Tristan570

hippies will use it to get high

too late
deadvineblues
hún jörð
30 Posts
26/M/NY

offline   (3)
April 28 2008 9:09 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i will use it to get high.
Otzi
Time Husk
8,535 Posts
29/M/PA

offline   (3)
April 28 2008 11:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Stop giving the government reasons to keep it illegal. You are holding back society.
InTheButtLikeWhat
get low
12,901 Posts
34/F/CA

offline   (6)
April 29 2008 12:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
buy dr. bronner's magic soap.
Fanboi
here comes proust!
1,528 Posts
32/M/PA

offline   (3)
April 29 2008 10:47 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
industrial hemp can't be used as marijuana. well, you can't get high off of it except by means of the placebo effect.

dr. bronner's is crazy stuff, but it makes me smell like a candy cane and the ladies love that.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,526 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
April 29 2008 11:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
^ in best Capt. Kirk voice... COOOOOOOOOORN!!!!!
all threads All Threads ›› Why Not Hemp? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Why Not Hemp?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?