all threads All Threads ›› hair dying... ›› new reply Post Reply
vanillasmile

Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

January 10 2009 1:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i have black hair and have ALWAYS had the hardest time dying it. however, i've always thought about dying it blonde and recently have actually been thinking about going through with it.

of course i wouldn't do it myself but was wondering if anyone else with dark hair has successfully done this without it looking orange or pee yellow and has it been worth it.

also, i've been contemplating whether or not i can pull it off or should just forget about it.
Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (25)
January 10 2009 1:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
go to a salon and get it done. they'll put hair bleach with special toners in it so that it wont turn an off color and then they'll dye it to the blonde you want.
Iron Chef Gein
Vampire bat
2,897 Posts
30/F/PA

offline   (34)
January 10 2009 1:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
My hair is naturally blonde, but I always dye it dark brown. I've went backwards a few times, never had the orange or yellow problem.

I'll just say.. make sure it's something you want, it's pointless to do it and then change it in two days.
vanillasmile
Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

January 10 2009 1:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
also, this may be a dumb question but what about the eyebrows? is there a special dye or do i just rock the dark eyebrows with the unnatural hair?

Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (25)
January 10 2009 1:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
yes there is special dye. i dont recommend it since some people have allergic reactions on their faces that they wouldnt on their scalp. many people have dark eyebrows with blonde hair, me included. i'm german and most of my family has light hair with dark eyebrows and its natural.
Iron Chef Gein
Vampire bat
2,897 Posts
30/F/PA

offline   (34)
January 10 2009 2:14 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
You can dye your eyebrows to match the hair color, although I see that a lot of people don't do this. When the eyebrows are too dark, it looks ridiculous.
cait!
meow
2,519 Posts
28/F/PA

offline   (8)
January 10 2009 2:20 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: vanillasmile

also, this may be a dumb question but what about the eyebrows? is there a special dye or do i just rock the dark eyebrows with the unnatural hair?

personally, i love dark eyebrows and blonde hair
Mariano Rivera
the sandman
36,573 Posts
8/M/NE

offline   (1)
January 10 2009 2:21 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
that looks fucking stupid
cait!
meow
2,519 Posts
28/F/PA

offline   (8)
January 10 2009 2:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Nurse

My hair is naturally blonde, but I always dye it dark brown. I've went backwards a few times, never had the orange or yellow problem.

I'll just say.. make sure it's something you want, it's pointless to do it and then change it in two days.

i'm naturally blonde too and when my roots come in it looks like i'm balding because the rest of my hair is so dark -_-
vanillasmile
Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

January 10 2009 2:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Nurse

When the eyebrows are too dark, it looks ridiculous.

i agree with this and mine are definitely dark. my actual hair color is black so it's really difficult. i have dyed it several times before so it's definitley not the first time it's been colored. i have just never dyed it so light before and was curious how it would work out or if i would just end up looking like a freak with blonde hair. hah.
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (5)
January 10 2009 2:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Where does the black hair come from?
Are you Asian?
vanillasmile
Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

January 10 2009 2:36 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
ha no but when i was little people actually would ask my parents if i was really asian. my grandpa was native american and had the same black hair.
Iron Chef Gein
Vampire bat
2,897 Posts
30/F/PA

offline   (34)
January 10 2009 2:40 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:cait.

Originally posted by: Nurse

i'm naturally blonde too and when my roots come in it looks like i'm balding because the rest of my hair is so dark -_-

I know exactly what you're talking about. In every picture taken of me, you can see the roots and it looks retarded. It doesn't help that my hair doesn't hold color at all.
Iron Chef Gein
Vampire bat
2,897 Posts
30/F/PA

offline   (34)
January 10 2009 2:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:vanillasmile

Originally posted by:Nurse

When the eyebrows are too dark, it looks ridiculous.

i agree with this and mine are definitely dark. my actual hair color is black so it's really difficult. i have dyed it several times before so it's definitley not the first time it's been colored. i have just never dyed it so light before and was curious how it would work out or if i would just end up looking like a freak with blonde hair. hah.

Well, you don't have to make your eyebrows the same exact color as your hair. There can be a slight difference, so just lighten them a few shades.
Time Husk
1,793 Posts
29/F/PA

offline   (1)
January 10 2009 9:51 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i keep saying i want to try getting my hair done blonde, but i'll never do it because i'm afraid of how bad it will look once the red roots start growing in.
stupid bitch
ffffffffffffffffff
1,498 Posts
31/F/PA

offline   (4)
January 10 2009 6:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
don't do it. the drastic color change will be bad for your hair. plus you look gorgeous with black hair. it's a very unique look i think.
all threads All Threads ›› hair dying... ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: hair dying...

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?