Originally posted by:brian.

vanillasmile
Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

January 19 2009 12:11 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
well for those of you it doesn't show up for...it's the state.

Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,231 Posts
8/M/PA

offline     (5)
January 19 2009 12:21 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Hahaha, so good.

As for the first videos, I also miss The State. Amazing show. I wish we could get them on dvd. Damn shame.
vanillasmile
Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

January 19 2009 12:24 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
for the past 2 years they've claimed that they would come out soon and never have...i wish this would actually happen.
Ron Shark
Time Husk
27,231 Posts
8/M/PA

offline     (5)
January 19 2009 12:29 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:vanillasmile

for the past 2 years they've claimed that they would come out soon and never have...i wish this would actually happen.

It's because MTV are a bunch of assholes. From wiki:

On March 10, 2007, David Wain announced at a screening of The Ten at SXSW that a DVD of The State is currently in production. At a later Philadelphia screening, he claimed it would be available in the fall of 2007. On May 18, 2007, during the 24-hour Human Giant marathon on MTV, Michael Showalter announced that a DVD set containing the entire series would be released by MTV sometime this year. He stated the set would contain every episode (some re-scored), commentaries, extras, and some sketches that never made it to the air. A new sketch was produced for promotion of the new release.

The State's official website reported in November that the DVD set was completed, but that their distributor, MTV, has "chosen not to release the set at this time. We don't know why." As of January 29, 2008, Michael Showalter has confirmed that MTV is still delaying the release: "They have it. We've made the DVD, and it exists. It's out of our hands, and I know who has it, but I don't know why they're waiting... we've done the commentary and the deleted material and all that stuff, but I just don't know when it's coming out. " The State's official FAQ currently states:

"There is NO WAY to get any episodes of The State on tape, unless you trade with other fans or buy bootlegs on eBay. The only other recourse is to beg MTV to rerun the show or to release episodes on video. Try writing MTV Home Video, 1515 Broadway, NY NY 10036, or MTV Programming Dept, same address. Or write to Comedy Central, 1775 Broadway, NYC, 10019."

vanillasmile
Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

January 19 2009 12:39 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
this was on their myspace page....

The State

which is probably completely untrue.
all threads All Threads ›› this never gets old... ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: this never gets old...

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?