forum General Crabbery ›› Cops Rule ›› new reply Post Reply
Crack Pie

I brought gifts
17,706 Posts
33/M/MD

offline     (70)
March 22 2009 2:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
seriously.....i love police officers and am glad that they do their job well.....fuck all the cry babies who cry about getting busted for breaking the law

and sure there are some shitty ones out there....but you'll have that in any profession
Twilight_Command
314 Posts
33/M/CA

offline   (3)
March 22 2009 3:09 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
lone voice of sanity ^
joe vena
BODYROTT
4,621 Posts
28/M/PA

offline     (6)
March 22 2009 3:17 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i think "some" is an understatement but the few that actually do their jobs morally and correctly have my respect
Crack Pie
I brought gifts
17,706 Posts
33/M/MD

offline     (70)
March 22 2009 3:19 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
i think you are out of your fucking mind to assume that anything close to the majority or even a quarter of police are corrupt
Brian FELLOW
Oscillate Wildly
3,920 Posts
30/M/MA

offline   (5)
March 22 2009 3:41 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
depends on where you are, but i think for the most part, if you keep your head while talking to them, cops can be pretty chill
Lament Configuration
your mistake
645 Posts
38/M/NA

offline   (1)
March 22 2009 3:52 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
people who become beat cops are usually powertripping, bullying morons that can't make it in any other field. they are often g.e.d. dropouts who, after a stint in the military, have no other job skills besides pushing people around at the end of a gun. once on the street, they are given much more authority than they deserve, and like all power, it corrupts them into thugs, but in their case, thugs with sanction and plausible denial.

a fraction of all cops are honest; these are called 'boy scouts' by their peers and generally ridiculed by them. another fraction are in fact intelligent enough to advance and become detectives, and yet another minute fraction are the technicians that filter evidence, known now by television as c.s.i.'s.

but it is the common centaurian, the beat cop, that most often abuses their power and well deserves the title of 'pig'. and these are by far the majority.
yantastic
drink fight win
15,048 Posts
41/M/NJ

offline   (5)
March 22 2009 3:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Lament Configuration

people who become beat cops are usually powertripping, bullying morons that can't make it in any other field. they are often g.e.d. dropouts who, after a stint in the military, have no other job skills besides pushing people around at the end of a gun. once on the street, they are given much more authority than they deserve, and like all power, it corrupts them into thugs, but in their case, thugs with sanction and plausible denial.

a fraction of all cops are honest; these are called 'boy scouts' by their peers and generally ridiculed by them. another fraction are in fact intelligent enough to advance and become detectives, and yet another minute fraction are the technicians that filter evidence, known now by television as c.s.i.'s.

but it is the common centaurian, the beat cop, that most often abuses their power and well deserves the title of 'pig'. and these are by far the majority.

sounds like conjecture.

prove it.
emofacial
NIGGA DICK
35,623 Posts
M/PA

offline   (2)
March 22 2009 4:07 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
sounds like a copy and paste
i should know lol
Twilight_Command
314 Posts
33/M/CA

offline   (3)
March 22 2009 4:13 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

There is so many things wrong with that statement, I do not even know where to begin. How about you turn off the Anti-Flag cd and go actually learn about what you seem to hate. The "fraction" of cops are actually the corrupt ones. It is not at all like what movies and television portray. and "beat cops" regularly consist of a level one detective (depending on which unit they are apart of), with several Sergeants overseeing several groups of level one, two and three "beat" cops, with a Captain overseeing the Sergeants.
Lament Configuration
your mistake
645 Posts
38/M/NA

offline   (1)
March 22 2009 4:53 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Twilight_Command

There is so many things wrong with that statement, I do not even know where to begin. How about you turn off the Anti-Flag cd and go actually learn about what you seem to hate. The "fraction" of cops are actually the corrupt ones. It is not at all like what movies and television portray. and "beat cops" regularly consist of a level one detective (depending on which unit they are apart of), with several Sergeants overseeing several groups of level one, two and three "beat" cops, with a Captain overseeing the Sergeants.

turn off the cock in your mouth.
Deminuendo
I brought my axe.
2,611 Posts
35/M/PA

March 22 2009 4:56 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Police corruption has been an issue since the beginning of time. There's no denying that, but some people do a very good job at blowing it well out of proportion. It's not nearly as prevalent and problematic as it once was. There are COPS that spend an endless amount of time doing nothing but fighting corruption in law enforcement. I have done my share of law enforcement work. I worked at a court house, I was in the military police, I worked security at a police counter-drug training center, and i went to school for criminal justice. So I've been around a bit. I can say, out of the tons of cops I met from many different places, I met very few that could even be considered corrupt or dirty. I can't say a good number of them weren't pricks, but that's hardly the same thing.

Like Twilight Command said, you need to put away that obscure, foggy perspective and do some real research.
Lament Configuration
your mistake
645 Posts
38/M/NA

offline   (1)
March 22 2009 5:00 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:emofacial

sounds like a copy and paste
i should know lol

lol. just because you may not be able to put together a coherent thought with words, that doesn't mean no one else can.
Deminuendo
I brought my axe.
2,611 Posts
35/M/PA

March 22 2009 5:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  

Great rebuttal. You must be highly esteemed amongst your peers.
Lament Configuration
your mistake
645 Posts
38/M/NA

offline   (1)
March 22 2009 5:02 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Deminuendo

Police corruption has been an issue since the beginning of time. There's no denying that, but some people do a very good job at blowing it well out of proportion. It's not nearly as prevalent and problematic as it once was. There are COPS that spend an endless amount of time doing nothing but fighting corruption in law enforcement. I have done my share of law enforcement work. I worked at a court house, I was in the military police, I worked security at a police counter-drug training center, and i went to school for criminal justice. So I've been around a bit. I can say, out of the tons of cops I met from many different places, I met very few that could even be considered corrupt or dirty. I can't say a good number of them weren't pricks, but that's hardly the same thing.

Like Twilight Command said, you need to put away that obscure, foggy perspective and do some real research.

it's just as much conjecture to believe most are honest; there is no reason to believe that a higher percentage of cops are good people immune to becoming morally corrupt than exists in any random sampling of the general population, and that is also pretty small.
Lament Configuration
your mistake
645 Posts
38/M/NA

offline   (1)
March 22 2009 5:04 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:Deminuendo

Great rebuttal. You must be highly esteemed amongst your peers.

as good, and equal in quality, as his.
Lament Configuration
your mistake
645 Posts
38/M/NA

offline   (1)
March 22 2009 5:06 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol@ this whole thread
forum General Crabbery ›› Cops Rule ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Cops Rule

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login: