all threads All Threads ›› jesco white ›› new reply Post Reply
vanillasmile

Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

June 8 2009 9:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
not sure how many jesco white fans are on here but thought i'd share this. looks super crazy and can't wait!

jackassworld.com
billy ray cyrus, MD
slugger
1,785 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (13)
June 8 2009 9:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
awesome. of course nothing can beat the original film

vanillasmile
Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

June 8 2009 9:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
soooooo good!!!

this is the best though...

billy ray cyrus, MD
slugger
1,785 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (13)
June 8 2009 9:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
also, i only recently found out that they were friends with hasil adkins, which explains a lot.
apparently when that kid ran over and killed hasil with his atv a few years ago, they grabbed him and held him down while someone drove a car over his head. southern justice ftw.
vanillasmile
Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

June 8 2009 9:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i hadn't heard of that. seriously though, southern west virginia is like another world compared to northern.
vanillasmile
Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

June 8 2009 10:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Captain Ahab
HONKY TONK BLUES
44,998 Posts
37/M/PA

offline   (18)
June 8 2009 11:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
yeah knoxville did/is doing a movie about the rest of the family. there are ton of clips on the site.
vanillasmile
Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

June 9 2009 12:12 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
the first video is for that movie, the wild and wonderful whites of west virginia. definitely want to see it.
billy ray cyrus, MD
slugger
1,785 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (13)
June 9 2009 8:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:vanillasmile

i hadn't heard of that. seriously though, southern west virginia is like another world compared to northern.

oh yeah....
Mechanical Birds
i am the sun
11,979 Posts
29/M/WV

offline   (1)
June 9 2009 11:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:billy ray cyrus, MD

also, i only recently found out that they were friends with hasil adkins, which explains a lot.
apparently when that kid ran over and killed hasil with his atv a few years ago, they grabbed him and held him down while someone drove a car over his head. southern justice ftw.

yeah, the guy who, ultimately, killed hasil is definitely in prison.
existential antelope
down and out
5,345 Posts
35/M/WA

offline   (7)
June 9 2009 11:26 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this is the first time i've heard of this. lemme get this straight: it's a documentary about brutal rednecks in west virginia. is that about right?
vanillasmile
Time Husk
2,150 Posts
38/F/NA

June 9 2009 11:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
wikipedia...

Jesco (Jesse) White, the "Dancing Outlaw", (b. Bandytown, West Virginia, July 30, 1956) is an acclaimed mountain dancer and entertainer. He is best known as the subject of two documentary films that detail his desire to follow in his famous father's footsteps, while trying to overcome depression, drug addiction, and the poverty that afflicts much of rural Appalachia.

Jesco White was first profiled on the Public Broadcasting Service's "Different Drummer" Series. Because of his popularity, PBS eventually released two documentaries about Jesco. The first was "Dancing Outlaw" (1991), directed by Jacob Young, which featured him at home in West Virginia and gave audiences a glimpse into his troubled life.
As the popularity of Dancing Outlaw grew, he was asked by comedian Tom Arnold to perform on the television show Roseanne. He traveled to Los Angeles for the performance, which was chronicled in the 1994 short film Dancing Outlaw 2: Jesco Goes To Hollywood - directed by Jacob Young.

Jesco has been linked to many popular artists through song. Big and Rich mention his name in their single "Comin' to Your City," although Jesco is not a fan and feels as if they are capitalizing on his name. Hank Williams III wrote the song "Legend of D. Ray White," which honors the cultural significance of Jesco's father. It also mentions Jesco, as well as another legendary Boone County artist, Hasil Adkins, and Jesco's sister Mamie White. Jesco also dances on the Hank Williams III song "Louisiana Stripes."

mostly known for the dancing outlaw documentary and has a pretty huge following. i'm guessing mtv saw how crazy the film was and decided to make some money of their own off of the family. i recommend people check it out(the first doc that is).
Billy Jacks dog
upskirt photolab
213 Posts
12/M/WA

offline   (3)
June 10 2009 2:35 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
^agreed.
all threads All Threads ›› jesco white ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: jesco white

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject