all threads All Threads ›› Draw a picture of Jesus and get put on r ›› new reply Post Reply
XWHISKEYX

Old Head
37,868 Posts
61/M/NA

offline   (23)
December 17 2009 12:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
GoodTimesGone
cubic time cube
51,395 Posts
43/F/ND

offline   (57)
December 17 2009 12:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Can't wait to see who will come out of this looking like the bigger group of overly sensitive, reactionary nutjobs: the school or some goofy religious rights advocacy group who will inevitably take up kid's cause.
kilgoretrout
Time Husk
2,832 Posts
29/M/WV

offline     (3)
December 17 2009 12:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
kid sucks.
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
37,868 Posts
61/M/NA

offline   (23)
December 17 2009 12:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
it's all marilyn manson's fault.
Droc
Rage
892 Posts
28/M/OH

offline   (7)
December 17 2009 12:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
it been better if he presented it upside down
carlos danger
something
23,443 Posts
29/M/ME

offline   (1)
December 17 2009 12:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Here in tolerant Massachusetts, and Taunton no less, the self-proclaimed "Christmas City."

Even if it was a violent drawing--boys draw violent things--I'm pretty sure that's been true for all of human history if cave drawings are any indication. When did that warrant psychological evaluations? I drew video game characters in torture chambers and nuclear bombs going off in cities when I was a kid... I'm not a violent or disturbed person. I'd be more disturbed if my son was drawing flowers and fancy ponies.
Metal til Im sixty
listen to neurosis
10,733 Posts
32/M/VA

offline   (10)
December 17 2009 12:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: i am skimble

Even if it was a violent drawing--boys draw violent things--I'm pretty sure that's been true for all of human history if cave drawings are any indication. When did that warrant psychological evaluations? I drew video game characters in torture chambers and nuclear bombs going off in cities when I was a kid... I'm not a violent or disturbed person. I'd be more disturbed if my son was drawing flowers and fancy ponies.

Dianana
8====D
66,357 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (8)
December 17 2009 12:29 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Of course it's violent, it's a dude nailed to a cross. But why does Jesus have a paint bucket across his dong? If anything, that kid needs some art classes, not a psychological evaluation.
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
37,868 Posts
61/M/NA

offline   (23)
December 17 2009 12:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: dfw

Of course it's violent, it's a dude nailed to a cross. But why does Jesus have a paint bucket across his dong? If anything, that kid needs some art classes, not a psychological evaluation.

haha, the 'paint bucket' is actually the wood beneath his feet in the picture..
kilgoretrout
Time Husk
2,832 Posts
29/M/WV

offline     (3)
December 17 2009 12:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: XWHISKEYX

haha, the 'paint bucket' is actually the wood beneath his feet in the picture..

Originally posted by: chrislynch

kid sucks.

PoliceJon,PoliceRed
*misanthropic
5,627 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (6)
December 17 2009 1:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
watch it show up as cover of black metal album.
sidney
MMM..Johnny Cakes
31,481 Posts
41/M/PA

online   (1)
December 17 2009 1:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
schools are the worst these days
LastOnePicked
in all my unglory
14,470 Posts
40/M/PA

offline   (4)
December 17 2009 1:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
"The inaccuracies in the original media story have resulted in a great deal of criticism and scrutiny of the system that is unwarranted," she said.

She said the boy's drawing was seen as a potential cry for help when the student identified himself, rather than Jesus, as the figure on the cross, which sparked the teacher to alert the school's principal and staff psychologist. "

"But after a few days on the cross themselves -- and staying silent because of confidentiality issues -- Taunton school officials began telling a much different story. In a statement posted on the system's Web site, school officials said that in fact the boy had never been suspended, the teacher never requested that the children make a drawing that reminded them of Christmas or any religious holiday, and that the drawing that the boy's father distributed to the media is in fact not the one the boy's teacher discovered and was concerned about."

"The father states in that article, "It hurts me that they did this to my kid," Chester Johnson, the boy's father, told the Globe. "They can't mess with our religion; they owe us a small lump sum for this."

-----------------------------------------------

All signs point to: "daddy's a shitbag and is using his kid (and jesus) to gain attention and money.
Dianana
8====D
66,357 Posts
35/F/PA

offline   (8)
December 17 2009 1:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Not as good as balloon boy, but still pretty shitty parenting.
XWHISKEYX
Old Head
37,868 Posts
61/M/NA

offline   (23)
December 17 2009 1:59 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: LastOnePicked

"The inaccuracies in the original media story have resulted in a great deal of criticism and scrutiny of the system that is unwarranted," she said.

She said the boy's drawing was seen as a potential cry for help when the student identified himself, rather than Jesus, as the figure on the cross, which sparked the teacher to alert the school's principal and staff psychologist. "

"But after a few days on the cross themselves -- and staying silent because of confidentiality issues -- Taunton school officials began telling a much different story. In a statement posted on the system's Web site, school officials said that in fact the boy had never been suspended, the teacher never requested that the children make a drawing that reminded them of Christmas or any religious holiday, and that the drawing that the boy's father distributed to the media is in fact not the one the boy's teacher discovered and was concerned about."

"The father states in that article, "It hurts me that they did this to my kid," Chester Johnson, the boy's father, told the Globe. "They can't mess with our religion; they owe us a small lump sum for this."

-----------------------------------------------

All signs point to: "daddy's a shitbag and is using his kid (and jesus) to gain attention and money.

hahaha, wow.
Seeinsparklesyet?!
I.P.F.K
1,989 Posts
33/F/PA

offline   (25)
December 17 2009 2:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

lol
all threads All Threads ›› Draw a picture of Jesus and get put on r ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Draw a picture of Jesus and get put on r

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?