all threads All Threads ›› NEPA Hardcore Retrospective DVD ›› new reply Post Reply
NEPAHC717

NEPAHC717
43 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (17)
January 14 2010 4:52 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
For Sale - NEPA (Northeast Pennsylvania) Hardcore Retrospective Documentary DVD and Free poster.
This DVD features live full song performances from NEPA area Hardcore bands from the early to late 90's as well as 2 slideshows full of pictures from shows. Also features live full song performances from major Hardcore bands who played in NEPA during the same time.

The bands featured are as follows in order they appear. Rabid Shaft Badgers, Fallout, Soughwutt, Pale, Bedford, Hatebreed, Shelter, Earth Crisis, Strife, Snapcase, Vision of Disorder (VOD), Guardrail, Sun Burns Cold, 1st Things 1st, Side Over, Extend, Burial Ground, Option. Learn some history or just reminisce, this DVD will take you back.

Available at Embassy Vinyl in Scranton, PA or on Ebay or through the mail.

Pollcat
afam / aasr 32°
23,556 Posts
39/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (1)
January 14 2010 5:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
No krutch or sfar = no care
k-diddy
we run this city
4,283 Posts
34/M/DE

offline   (6)
January 14 2010 7:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Pollcat

those two bands are the staple of nepa wtf seriously
Baby Cole is gay
Cannonball
14,017 Posts
M/NA

offline     (18)
January 14 2010 8:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
this makes me wonder... Did that Wisdom in Chains DVD ever come out? I remember hearing something about it years ago and never seen anything about it since. I want it.
Pollcat
afam / aasr 32°
23,556 Posts
39/M/PA

online   (1)
January 14 2010 8:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I actually have several upstairs.
Crack Pie
I brought gifts
17,707 Posts
33/M/MD

offline     (70)
January 14 2010 9:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: HammerFist

this makes me wonder... Did that Wisdom in Chains DVD ever come out? I remember hearing something about it years ago and never seen anything about it since. I want it.

There was a dvd release show on Saint Patricks Day a couple of years ago with Major Pain, Redtops, Strength For A Reason and Wisdom In Chains at the Backstage in Kingston.....got it there, have seen it many places since
Baby Cole is gay
Cannonball
14,017 Posts
M/NA

offline     (18)
January 14 2010 11:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Craley

Originally posted by: HammerFist

There was a dvd release show on Saint Patricks Day a couple of years ago with Major Pain, Redtops, Strength For A Reason and Wisdom In Chains at the Backstage in Kingston.....got it there, have seen it many places since

Wow. That was probably an awesome St. Paddys Day.
NEPAHC717
NEPAHC717
43 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (17)
January 15 2010 3:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Pollcat

They were sooo close to making it onto the DVD, but the file format wouldn't work for whatever reason when I was transferring/editing. Couldn't be helped given time constraints.

It's still good to know the history of the area since it started in 89/90. Bands of today wouldn't be around were it not for bands of yesterday.
WREN
Pulp Free
52,188 Posts
35/M/PA

online   (20)
January 15 2010 3:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I heard that NEPA hardcore showcase skipped over them pretty nicely as well. Doesn't make sense since SFAR, Krutch, and Mushmouth were easily the biggest NEPA bands to come out from back then.
NEPAHC717
NEPAHC717
43 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (17)
January 15 2010 4:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Here's a couple shots from the Exhibit. You'll see them in there. Was lucky to get a jacket and t-shirt and some flyers too from SFAR for it. Krutch /Feeble 7" on the shelf too but kinda hard to make out in the flick.

pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,371 Posts
34/M/PA

online   (1)
January 15 2010 4:27 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm guessing that Fallout isn't the metal band I was in.

Really need Krutch/SFAR/Mushmouth though.
NEPAHC717
NEPAHC717
43 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (17)
January 15 2010 5:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Uploaded some pics from the Exhibit to profile. Should make some feel better. No one left out.
chrisFACEOFF
The Legend
2,905 Posts
30/M/PA

offline   (1)
January 16 2010 2:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Major shortage on a lot of big names, but there as no shortage of Option
NEPAHC717
NEPAHC717
43 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (17)
January 17 2010 8:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Curious to know who was left out. I made sure to try to include everyone I could.
HARD TO KILL
YOU'RE BEAT
1,234 Posts
10/M/PA

offline     (21)
January 17 2010 8:57 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
SFAR was not around during the era of this vid. I think they were going for late 80's early 90's just by the bands listed. KRUTCH was around...don't know why they were overlooked & Mushmouth is a SEPA pand from reading/wyomissing....Were's DOGS ON CHAINS? JESUS WORE BIRKENSTOCKS? FIREFLY? TRACTOR? OSSUARY? UNSEEN HOLOCAUST? hahahaa

Originally posted by: WREN

I heard that NEPA hardcore showcase skipped over them pretty nicely as well. Doesn't make sense since SFAR, Krutch, and Mushmouth were easily the biggest NEPA bands to come out from back then.

NEPAHC717
NEPAHC717
43 Posts
39/M/PA

offline   (17)
January 17 2010 9:38 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Ossuary almost made it too. That's awesome. Tried to get Incarnated, Magnus and Firefly too. Unfortunately because of trying to keep the DVD under 2 hours for picture quality reasons, I could really only use footage, all of which I had to transfer from VHS to DVD then to Mov. files, of full songs from each band. I have sick Incarnated and Magnus footy but the songs cut off or start late etc. In some cases, lighting is just too bad to work with or file types aren't compatible or there just plain wasn't anything anyone filmed for me to use.

The good thing is is that all of the shows are now preserved on disc. I have tons of shows from Sea Sea's and Mantis Green although none from the Staircase at KMart as I'm thinking about it. Some day I'll get a chance to put some on Youtube.

As far as the Exhibit, no one was left out. Take a look at the pics and check it out. Krutch and SFAR and I believe Mushmouth are in them as tapes or clothing or stickers. Anyone that went to it would have seen all the flyers, over 400 of them from various local spots, and know that every band that existed at all in Hardcore during those 10 years was on them. Vince at Sea Sea's should have a statue to him made and placed in Moosic. Everything that was contributed was stuff saved by people for like 10 or 20 yrs. In then end I worked with what I could and no one that went looked like they were disappointed. If one good thing came out of it, it's that a lot of people came together as friends again. That's my idea of what Hardcore is to me. Hopefully someone will do a 2000-2010 and show the next generation that part of history.
all threads All Threads ›› NEPA Hardcore Retrospective DVD ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: NEPA Hardcore Retrospective DVD

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?