forum Politics and Society ›› N. Korea warns of nuclear response ›› new reply Post Reply
G uNiT UgLy

g@unit.cum
3,225 Posts
31/M/PA

offline   (4)
July 24 2010 5:50 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
24 July 2010

North Korea warns of nuclear 'sacred war'

North Korea says it will use its "nuclear deterrent" in response to joint US-South Korean military exercises this weekend.

Pyongyang was ready to launch a "retaliatory sacred war" at any time, the state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) said.

Washington and Seoul say the war games are to deter North Korean aggression.

Tensions between the two Koreas have been high since the sinking of a South Korean warship in March.

An international investigation said the ship was sunk by a North Korean torpedo, a claim strongly denied by Pyongyang.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,504 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
July 24 2010 12:10 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Thanks for the whole "axis of evil" thing, Bush. You really did the world as a whole a total solid.
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,099 Posts
51/M/NA

offline   (1)
July 24 2010 12:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
you're right, north korea was a cuddly little teddy bear before bush.
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,504 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
July 24 2010 3:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: adam.

Remind me of the last time North Korea was a huge problem in our foreign policy BEFORE Bush. While NK has not been friendly to us since the war, it was Bush's antagonism and bellicose rhetoric that put them front and center in foreign policy for the last decade. Bush, it seems, had no other reaction to other nations that were not our allies but to try to intimidate and frighten them with sabre rattling.. which has not worked out so well.
Spray Can
is a creep
262 Posts
33/M/NA

offline   (1)
July 24 2010 3:17 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: crunkmoose

Remind me of the last time North Korea was a huge problem in our foreign policy BEFORE Bush. While NK has not been friendly to us since the war, it was Bush's antagonism and bellicose rhetoric that put them front and center in foreign policy for the last decade. Bush, it seems, had no other reaction to other nations that were not our allies but to try to intimidate and frighten them with sabre rattling.. which has not worked out so well.

fuck you
tom.
^__^
62,525 Posts
34/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (5)
July 24 2010 3:45 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
bush is not responsible for kim jong il being a mad man. kim jong il is.
Gisty
Swoop The Dang
4,908 Posts
36/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (3)
July 24 2010 3:49 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:tom.

agreed
billy ray cyrus, MD
slugger
1,781 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (13)
July 24 2010 3:51 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
we should just make a secret deal with china to let them take over north korea. i don't think anyone in the world would give a shit.
stergo
kill all extremist
1,239 Posts
16/M/FL

offline   (2)
July 24 2010 4:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I'm so ronery
So ronery
So ronery and sadry arone
crunkmoose
Fuck Nazis.
24,504 Posts
60/M/MA

offline   (9)
July 25 2010 2:13 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: tom.

Agreed... but it is Bush's responsibility for renewing and increasing major tensions between the US and North Korea.
ScrewFlanders
nah im alright
3,871 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (6)
July 25 2010 2:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,099 Posts
51/M/NA

offline   (1)
July 25 2010 2:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: crunkmoose

yeah, that korean war thing never mattered anyway.
Tim E. Husk
slavar som djur
19,099 Posts
51/M/NA

offline   (1)
July 25 2010 2:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
if you think that north korea's continued existence is defensible, you are a dick, plain and simple. and we usually agree on things.
tom.
^__^
62,525 Posts
34/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (5)
July 25 2010 3:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by:crunkmoose

Originally posted by: tom.

Agreed... but it is Bush's responsibility for renewing and increasing major tensions between the US and North Korea.

i see it as more of nationalistic big dick contest where jong il is the sore loser with a napolean complex.
billy ray cyrus, MD
slugger
1,781 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (13)
July 25 2010 4:03 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

if you think that north korea's continued existence is defensible, you are a dick, plain and simple. and we usually agree on things.

i don't see where he said that at all. what i think he was saying was just that the bush administration's 'bull-in-a-china-shop' approach to foreign policy agitated every single hornet's nest on the planet, including north korea.

even the slightest understanding of the the finesse of diplomacy was absent for 8 long years. whether this was a dull stupidity or a deliberate attempt to pour money into the pockets of the defense industry [or both] is debatable, but what is not debatable is that we made no friends during the two terms of the bush presidency, and we made a lot of enemies. and we alienated countries that had been allies, which in turn made our enemies more confident.

Kevlar Moneyclips
Time Husk
3,022 Posts
35/M/NA

offline   (4)
July 25 2010 4:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
obama has been president for a year and a half now, guys. I think its time to stop blaming bush for everything thats happening in and start letting the democrats shoulder maybe a teensy weensy bit of responsibility for things that are happening in todays world
forum Politics and Society ›› N. Korea warns of nuclear response ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: N. Korea warns of nuclear response

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?