all threads All Threads ›› Portable speaker for Ipod? ›› new reply Post Reply
Dan Conner

Life Isn't Posi
2,998 Posts
31/M/CA

offline   (4)
October 4 2012 10:02 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
My work car doesn't have a radio, not even am/fm. I spend around 7 of the 8 hours in my work day in the car. I'm looking for a portable speaker for my Ipod to use in the car. Since it's going to be used so frequently, I'm looking for one that runs off the Ipod power or off the power outlet in the car. All the ones that I am finding runs off battery power, rechargeable or not. Any suggestions?
Lifetime74
Woooo!
27,799 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (13)
October 4 2012 11:18 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Stumped, on something that would plug into the lighter. What year is the car that you could not throw a really cheap radio with a aux plug in to the dash?
fight2live
doe dubbla
18,996 Posts
39/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (12)
October 5 2012 12:15 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
check ebay. If theres a tape player get a cassette adapter. I have a set of ipod speakers that dont require a battery and i use them constantly, take em with me anytime i travel. Prob got em on ebay for less than 20. They wouldnt be loud enough in a moving car tho so id just use earphones. The type that take batteries are a bit louder but they go through batteries very quickly, like prob one day for you
tom.
^__^
62,530 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (5)
October 5 2012 12:28 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
might be best to just get some desktop computer speakers.
Dan Conner
Life Isn't Posi
2,998 Posts
31/M/CA

offline   (4)
October 5 2012 12:42 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
The car is a 2009 Hyundai Accent, and is a company vehicle, so putting anything into the dash is pretty much out of the question. I've searched all over Amazon, haven't looked at Ebay. I don't go on there very often, but I'll check it out. I haven't thought of the computer speakers. I'll look into that. Thanks.
Davey.
Baby Cole
43,537 Posts
32/M/NA

offline   (13)
October 5 2012 6:25 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
My car has a radio so i use an iTrip, which works perfectly.
When i am listening to music in the house on my iphone or ipad i use an Xmini speaker. Very cheap and highly recommended, but not really loud enough for a car.
I have no advice.
Jess.
wiener breath
38,705 Posts
32/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (11)
October 5 2012 6:46 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
I have this:

click here for link

I don't use it in the car, however the charger is a standard USB. A lot of portable car chargers that you buy at Walmart (I have one that I use for my iPhone) have a USB input. Great, clear sound. I use it when hooking my laptop up to my tv to watch movies.
Jess.
wiener breath
38,705 Posts
32/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (11)
October 5 2012 6:49 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
And this isn't the car charger I have but I'm just giving you an idea of what I was talking about:

click here for link
HippieHooligan
stmulatinterest
5,987 Posts
36/M/PA

offline   (6)
October 5 2012 9:00 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
HEADPHONES
baconanddrugs
I got nothing.
5,878 Posts
35/M/PA

offline     (2)
October 5 2012 10:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Jawbone Jambox, you can get a car charger for it and it works through bluetooth so you can play your shit wirelessly off an iPod touch or iPhone or anything with bluetooth capability. I use it on tour all the time and its reliable and durable as shit.
shaggy_
Time Husk
43 Posts
31/M/NJ

offline  mobile reply   (1)
October 5 2012 1:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
SR

Dan Conner
Life Isn't Posi
2,998 Posts
31/M/CA

offline   (4)
October 5 2012 4:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Jess.

And this isn't the car charger I have but I'm just giving you an idea of what I was talking about:

click here for link

That's pretty much was I was planning on doing. I figured they have to make a car charger/usb adapter, just haven't actually looked yet. Thanks.

Originally posted by: HippieHooligan

HEADPHONES

Not exactly safe or legal. Especially considering I have one of those "How Am I Driving" stickers on the back with the phone number. 3 calls in a year and I am automatically terminated.
bestsoundbarunder200
Time Husk
2 Posts
29/M/NA

December 20 2017 10:55 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
If you need portable soundbar for Ipod then please visit here best soundbar under 200 dollars
click here for link
all threads All Threads ›› Portable speaker for Ipod? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Portable speaker for Ipod?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?