I enjoyed this card alot. The only main card fight I didn't like was the Johnson/Schaub fight because Schaub played it too safe. Smart to get the W but entertainment wise it stunk.
I'm hoping that Miesha Tate wins her upcoming fight and sets up the rematch with Rousey. While Rousey did what was expected of her on Saturday, she seems succeptable to giving up her back. I think if Tate is able to get that position again, Rousey might taste defeat.
Post fight presser notes:
- Jose Aldo and his team are flat out refusing the fight with Anthony Pettis. Dana said that Aldo will accept the fight or he won't like the outcome.
- Machida definitely gets the shot at the winner of Jones/Sonnen.
- Nick Diaz is apparently really close to losing his title shot at GSP because he's once again not fulfilling press commitments. Dana says "For the naysayers that just say 'Dana just let him fight'. Go to work and tell your boss that you aren't going to do this or that. See how that goes. He's already cost us $50,000 because he didn't show up for interviews."
- Dana said that'd he'd gladly welcome Gina Carano into the UFC if/when she decides to come back to mma. He said that she's off doing her movies and he's happy for her success but has heard of her making statements about coming back.
- Mention of the possibility of the Cyborg/Rousey fight met with the comment "Shit's rolling and without Cyborg. She had her chance."
- Machida said prior to the fight he was considering a drop 185lbs. Says he will stay at 205 due to pending title shot.
- Rashad Evans was interviewed somewhere off camera and stated that he wants Shogun in his next fight.
Fight Night Bonus: ($50,000)
KO - Robbie Lawler
Sub - Kenny Robertson
Fight - Dennis Bermudez and Matt Grice