forum Punk Rock ›› The Album the U.S. Government Doesn't Want You to Hear ›› new reply Post Reply
Toxichighway

Time Husk
9 Posts
118/

July 18 2013 5:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
In the mid-2000s, P.J. Hearn started working for a government agency. But after attempting to notify his supervisors about shady activity in his department a few months later, he became the target of retaliatory attacks and smear campaigns from his own co-workers. Frustrated, he eventually quit...but did not forget. Instead, he enlisted the help of two friends and founded Leadsucker as a means to vent his rage at those that did him wrong.

Although their debut album, "Burn", doesn't hit shelves until August 28th, the band have released two tracks from that album: "America Doesn't Give a Fuck About You" and "Haute Culture". You can have a listen right here at Stereo Killer (click here for link), or on their Reverbnation page (click here for link). You can also download them for free.

And as always, any kind of feedback is welcome! Yes, any kind.
Toxichighway
Time Husk
9 Posts
118/

August 3 2013 11:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Just another quick update: Two additional tracks have been added to the Stereokiller page, so see the link above. "Burn" is also available as a pre-order in iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id675193308), so for those of you that love supporting Apple's quest to take over the world, have at it. It's just $7.99 for 30 tracks, which comes out to just a quarter per track!

The hardcore punk band will also be available on CD for the dwindling numbers that prefer a physical format. Stay tuned for more info as its August 28th release draws nearer!
LEATHERFACE
Hail Caesar
3,756 Posts
35/M/NC

offline  mobile reply   (7)
August 3 2013 12:32 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Sooooooo you're looking to make a profit off of government corruption.....?
Toxichighway
Time Husk
9 Posts
118/

August 10 2013 6:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I think it's safe to say most independent labels don't make a profit off anything. But yes, I'm releasing a CD about government corruption and the failures of American politics and I want people to listen to it if that's what you're asking.
planet of the apes
no.
3,950 Posts
35/M/NJ

offline   (6)
August 10 2013 7:16 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
not just the government.
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
31/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (21)
August 10 2013 7:25 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Toxichighway

I think it's safe to say most independent labels don't make a profit off anything.

I don't care about your band or message, but I'm pretty sure that this statement is absolutely false.
Toxichighway
Time Husk
9 Posts
118/

August 11 2013 10:37 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
@planet of the apes: I realize it's really a worldwide issue, but the disc focuses more on America's problems, though I'm sure they're similar to governmental problems that other countries face.

@Jeremy: I'm glad that you didn't care about anything I had to say so much, that you responded to it.

I will say, maybe I shouldn't have said "don't make a profit off anything", but I can assure you that it's rarer than you think. I know a few label owners that need to work full-time jobs to make ends meet, and some are actually fairly well-known musicians (I'm not just talking Joe on the corner block who just started a label out of his parents' basement). Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule (I'm sure XL Recordings is banking, for one), but a lot of them are happy to break even.

Then again, it only makes sense when you think about it considering there are so many musicians and labels, that it's a rather oversaturated market. So for every XL and Matador Records that you hear about, indie labels that are successful, there are bound to be a dozen or so smaller labels that no one has ever heard of trying to make money. Which was the impetus for my original statement.

So to sum up, I'm pretty sure that it is not.
tony plush
Anxiety Hangover
11,188 Posts
27/M/WI

offline  mobile reply     (5)
August 11 2013 11:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

tony plush
Anxiety Hangover
11,188 Posts
27/M/WI

offline  mobile reply     (5)
August 11 2013 11:19 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
lol he said impetus
Toxichighway
Time Husk
9 Posts
118/

August 12 2013 3:40 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
@tony: lol! Is that a large piece of pita bread that black man's pretending to eat? Or just a reversed pizza that's been photoshopped in? Either way, that's hilarious.

Also, don't feel bad you had to look up the meaning of the word. You're probably not the only one.
tony plush
Anxiety Hangover
11,188 Posts
27/M/WI

offline     (5)
August 12 2013 4:33 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
its a dorito *crunch*
LEATHERFACE
Hail Caesar
3,756 Posts
35/M/NC

August 12 2013 5:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Jesus Christ
Brett Weir
im gay
45,173 Posts
34/M/NY

online  mobile reply   (8)
August 12 2013 6:04 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
The fuck is this
Brett Weir
im gay
45,173 Posts
34/M/NY

August 12 2013 6:05 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I bet the CIA is on top of this albums release
Brett Weir
im gay
45,173 Posts
34/M/NY

August 12 2013 6:07 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Obama just called a special meeting, the release show of 50 people set to be hit by a man made earthquake courtesy of HAARP
LEATHERFACE
Hail Caesar
3,756 Posts
35/M/NC

August 12 2013 6:44 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Sedition!
forum Punk Rock ›› The Album the U.S. Government Doesn't Want You to ... ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: The Album the U.S. Government Doesn't Want You to Hear

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?