all threads All Threads ›› NHL 2013-2014 Thread ›› new reply Post Reply
-Jeremy-

gary
62,973 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (21)
October 3 2013 11:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
So excited that hockey is back

It's going to take awhile to adjust to a new system, but I can't wait to see the Rangers this season with AV at the helm. I think Rick Nash could have a monster year.

Philly looks better this season. It'd be nice to see somewhat of a resurgence from Lecavalier. Adding Streit to the blueline helps a bit, but their back end is still pretty brutal. Goaltending, as always, is going to be a focal point. Steve Mason has a spectacular rookie season but has fucking sucked ever since. And Emery, while great in limited appearances with Chicago last season, had a much better defensive corp in front of him compared to the Flyers. He's a question mark as well.
ScrewFlanders
nah im alright
3,871 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (6)
October 3 2013 11:30 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
vinny looked good
pp stunk last night

i think flyers make playoffs but exit after a round or two. yay.
ass nipples
old dancing boy
38,118 Posts
33/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (7)
October 3 2013 1:34 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i dont see the flyers in the playoffs at all. hope im wrong.

all i saw last night, was a lazy giroux and a goalie we should have paid a ton of money to get.
Higgs boson
va-gine
6,185 Posts
34/F/PA

offline   (6)
October 3 2013 1:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Hey, remember that penalty shot last night? Simmonds, ouch.

HURF DURF.
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (21)
October 3 2013 1:47 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
If Mason and Emery turn out to be a good goaltending tandem this season, I think that'll push the Flyers to be a "bubble" team where they could sneak into the postseason in a 6-8 spot. If goaltending is mediocre, or simply not good enough, I don't think they stand a chance of making it.
xaidsx
Best Nerd
8,665 Posts
36/M/PA

offline  mobile reply   (6)
October 3 2013 8:56 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I really think the flyers can pull the playoffs...Bernier beat them last night.

Still didn't look all that great
ass nipples
old dancing boy
38,118 Posts
33/M/PA

October 3 2013 9:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
bernier destroyed us. giroux had 2/3 good moments, but besides that, he was playing lazy. voracek couldnt handle the puck and got knocked off to easy. hes most likely injured somehow. simmonds penalty shot didnt really bother me. he made a move for the five hole and got alittle under it, but bernier read it well. the d was ok, could have been better. i dont like coburn at all, but streit rules. he slows the game down. brayden schenn played great and i hope he turns out to be as good as hes supposed to be. i like vinny centering the 2nd line, and hopefully read can be his st louis. hartnell was hartnell, simmonds needs to be meaner, but smart about it. that 4th line is ok, if youre winning by 3 or more goals. like rinaldo and hall could be good, but rosehill is pretty much worthless. laughton got sent back down, so id take akeson over rosehill any day. still think emery should start, but im not sure the outcome would change with bernier in net.
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (21)
October 4 2013 9:59 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Rangers played like shit last night.
XcadmusX
vocals/bookings
2,497 Posts
43/M/PA

offline   (5)
October 4 2013 6:00 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Devils did exactly what I expected and that was come out very loose and not find much chemistry. Too many new players in the lineup without enough time to get to know one another lead to them not being up to dealing with Pittsburgh. No shock. Plus, Fleury played his ass off last night. I'm more interested in how they play tonight at home with Marty in net, especially because The Islanders actually look pretty good.
ass nipples
old dancing boy
38,118 Posts
33/M/PA

October 5 2013 8:42 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
peter laviolette needs to fucking go. his game planning is awful and it seems like noone wants to play. and his power-play plan is the fucking worst. skate as slow as possible and never cross their blue line.
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
31/M/NA

offline  mobile reply   (21)
October 5 2013 8:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Watching the Rangers' pp the last two seasons was seriously painful. I hope AV can spark their pp a bit. They have plenty of firepower on their top six and two great puck moving defenseman. There's really no reason why they shouldn't have a pp in the top fifteen in the league.
ass nipples
old dancing boy
38,118 Posts
33/M/PA

October 5 2013 8:54 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
you break out, get the puck low, and set it the fuck up.

we barely cross the blue line. its disgusting.
Matthaeus
Just the tip?
773 Posts
35/M/PA

offline   (1)
October 6 2013 12:23 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: -Jeremy-

If Mason and Emery turn out to be a good goaltending tandem this season, I think that'll push the Flyers to be a "bubble" team where they could sneak into the postseason in a 6-8 spot. If goaltending is mediocre, or simply not good enough, I don't think they stand a chance of making it.

not as much a matter of goaltending as it is that horrendous defense. i dont know of anyone that can protect the net with that mess in front of them.
ass nipples
old dancing boy
38,118 Posts
33/M/PA

October 7 2013 11:03 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: ass nipples

peter laviolette needs to fucking go. his game planning is awful and it seems like noone wants to play. and his power-play plan is the fucking worst. skate as slow as possible and never cross their blue line.

good riddance

i think the chief will do a much better job
-Jeremy-
gary
62,973 Posts
31/M/NA

offline   (21)
October 7 2013 11:32 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
wowzers, that didn't take long
ass nipples
old dancing boy
38,118 Posts
33/M/PA

October 7 2013 11:34 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
this whole team is too comfortable and lazy right now. the chief will not stand for it.
all threads All Threads ›› NHL 2013-2014 Thread ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: NHL 2013-2014 Thread

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?