forum Punk Rock ›› No phones at shows? ›› new reply Post Reply
MalignantBC

Time Husk
4 Posts
29/M/GA

offline   (1)
November 23 2014 4:24 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I was recently at the "NOT YOUR AMERICAN IDOL" tour and I noticed during one of the sets, That one of the lead singers got very pissy with this dude for being on his phone. He even went a little out of his way to call him out on it. So this morning I was reading an article on AP's website (link below) and Corey Taylor was speaking out about cell phone use. “Pay attention, or don’t be here”. He talks about a girl who was on her phone during a set, So he walked over to her and dumped a bunch on water on her. Saying it had to of broken her phone.

I really would like some feedback on this topic. I know a lot of people think its okay for taking photos and videos to re-live those memories. How do bands now a days feel about it? Article does make for a good read if interested.

click here for link AP article

Follow me on twitter! click here for link
ulrikesdream
Time Husk
336 Posts
45/N/A/AK

offline   (3)
November 24 2014 2:39 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
I don't mind if other people watch the concert through their phone. But I don't want to. I want to see the band and enjoy. The clips people people film with their phone and put online suck anyway most of the time. They don't help you relive the concert.
But again: I don't mind that they pay a ticket to watch their cell phone screen.
cbrickhouse
vanilla gorilla
212,035 Posts
38/M/PA

offline     (23)
November 24 2014 2:48 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
i usually leave my phone in my pocket for shows. maybe take a picture or two but that's about it
pahulkster
what cha gonna do
12,351 Posts
34/M/PA

online  mobile reply   (1)
November 24 2014 4:58 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
What a fucking douchebag. Boohoo this person probably paid $50 to get in here and now they don't want to look at my anus mask. Better break their phone.
Dianana
8====D
65,949 Posts
34/F/PA

offline  mobile reply   (8)
November 24 2014 5:14 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: pahulkster

What a fucking douchebag. Boohoo this person probably paid $50 to get in here and now they don't want to look at my anus mask. Better break their phone.

Pretty much but let's remember he's in slipknot.
MalignantBC
Time Husk
4 Posts
29/M/GA

offline   (1)
November 25 2014 4:53 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: Dianana

Originally posted by: pahulkster

Pretty much but let's remember he's in slipknot.

lol yea, that pretty much sums it up!
forum Punk Rock ›› No phones at shows? ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: No phones at shows?

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band