forum Punk Rock ›› Leviathan-Scar Sighted NEW LP! ›› new reply Post Reply
Sacrifyx

CASKET KRUSHER
3,577 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (10)
December 15 2014 1:20 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

When it comes to one man USBM Leviathan are at the top of my list. Sure I loved Xasthur/Malefic's work but he has moved on. Wrest is working on his follow up to "True Traitor,True Whore" with Billy Anderson. You know the dude who helped make some of the best records ever from Sleep, EYEHATEGOD,Cattle Decapitation, High On Fire and Neurosis for example. So Im very interested to hear how this sounds. Wrest aka Jef Whitehead said that it is more of a follow up to "Massive Conspiracy Against All Life" then a follow up to "True Traitor,True Whore". So Im stoked. "Scar Sighted" will be out Feb.17th 2015 on Profound Lore Records.

"The long-awaited return of notorious and infamous US black metal entity Leviathan (solely commanded by Wrest, a.k.a. Jef Whitehead), Scar Sighted is one of the most glorious moments in a vast repertoire like no other in the genre. Leviathan’s fifth full-length album draws on elements from throughout Wrest’s discography (numerous releases including demos, compilations, EPs and splits) into one demented and twisted opus years in the making. An epic sonic portrait, Scar Sighted continues much in the vein of 2008’s Massive Conspiracy Against All Life masterpiece, while other “lurkings” run along the edges of the work. Wrest conspired with engineer Billy Anderson (Swans, Agalloch, Pallbearer, Red House Painters, Melvins) in Portland, Oregon, to manifest the most crushing and dark-sounding Leviathan album to date. Scar Sighted is released in a special boxed-CD edition with artwork inserts painted by the artist."

TheOtherGodhead
N.I.L.
11,730 Posts
33/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (2)
December 15 2014 2:11 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Definitely looking forward to this.
Sacrifyx
CASKET KRUSHER
3,577 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (10)
December 15 2014 2:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  

I also really liked his Lurker Of Chalice stuff as well.

Sacrifyx
CASKET KRUSHER
3,577 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (10)
December 15 2014 2:30 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: TheOtherGodhead

Definitely looking forward to this.

Hell yeah man, Im sure you saw the One Man Metal mini documentary that followed Wrest, Malefic,and that dude from Striborg around, I honestly felt bad for Mr.Jef Whitehead after watching that shit, Scott/Malefic from Xasthur seemed legit sad,and the dude from Striborg was hilarious when he puts his cape on and gets grim in the cave.

It bums me out there will never be anymore Lurker Of Chalice material but Im good with Leviathan.
TheOtherGodhead
N.I.L.
11,730 Posts
33/M/PA

offline  mobile reply     (2)
December 15 2014 4:37 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Yea I seen it. Dude from Striborg looked like a dick, but I kind of felt bad for Scott (Ex-Xasthur, Nocturnal Poisoning).
Sacrifyx
CASKET KRUSHER
3,577 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (10)
December 15 2014 4:46 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Originally posted by: TheOtherGodhead

Yea I seen it. Dude from Striborg looked like a dick, but I kind of felt bad for Scott (Ex-Xasthur, Nocturnal Poisoning).

Same, when Scott gets up and leaves the room at that one point I was like whoa. Stoked I got to see him in a live setting when Sunn0))) was touring for Black One.
Sacrifyx
CASKET KRUSHER
3,577 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (10)
December 24 2014 10:16 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
Sanford Parker is helping as well. Also Wrest/Leviathan will be on the cover of this months Decibel (Feb)
Sacrifyx
CASKET KRUSHER
3,577 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (10)
January 17 2015 3:08 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Crazy Wrest has a daughter now. Hopefully the new stuff is still as pissed as the old material.
Sacrifyx
CASKET KRUSHER
3,577 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (10)
February 1 2015 11:10 AM   QuickQuote Quote  
This Is The First Track Released Off Of My Favorite One Man USBM Band,"Leviathan". From His New Release,"Scar Sighted" Out On March 3rd,2015 On Profound Lore Records IN Compact Disc Form. But If You Want A Vinyl Copy It Will Be Released By Jef Whitehead aka Wrest Along With His Girlfriend Stevie Floyd From, "Dark Castle" & "Taurus" Record Label Called "Devout Records".
Sacrifyx
CASKET KRUSHER
3,577 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (10)
February 24 2015 12:43 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Another new track:
Sacrifyx
CASKET KRUSHER
3,577 Posts
33/M/PA

offline   (10)
February 27 2015 3:15 PM   QuickQuote Quote  
Another new track:

forum Punk Rock ›› Leviathan-Scar Sighted NEW LP! ›› new reply Post Reply

Quick Reply - RE: Leviathan-Scar Sighted NEW LP!

Connect with Facebook to comment: Login w/FB

or Sign up free! - or login:

Subject

wrap selection with italics
wrap selection with bold
insert less than symbol
insert greater than symbol

google image Insert Google Images
Share a Band

Your ad here?