Staff Rating

0.05/5

User Rating

2/5

Norma Jean - O God, The Aftermath

cbrickhouse   (1851 reviews)

Posted: 02/26/2005 | Comments: 497 | Rate:

Just when I thought this band couldn't possibly write more derived, nonsensical music and lyrics, they proved me wrong. Botch should be pissed by how much these idiots have ruined their sound.

I would rather chop my fingers off one by one than by forced to listen to this again. There aren't enough synonyms for "suck" to even cover this release.

* This is a special note to all the people bashing my opinion on this release for whatever reason: so I don't like this stupid band! is the world going to end? No. I'm sure I like plenty of bands you don't like. People have different opinions, deal with it.

Home Follow on Twitter! Like on Facebook! Listen to Norma Jean

Comments
I have no legs!
10 Posts
29/M/MA
and its funny how you talk shit about norma jean and how they are "one of the worst things to happen to music.." ok well get your fuckin ass in a band and get signed by a record lable and play at hellfest.
who-bah-stank
24,541 Posts
32/M/NY
yea because hellfest is the pinnacle of a bands carreer. get out of here kid.
www.neohhc.com
6,359 Posts
36/M/OH
Originally posted by:Lionel Hutz

yea because hellfest is the pinnacle of a bands carreer.



haha yeah I never bought into Hellfest being the Be all end all of a hardcore bands success
Stubborn bastard
1,607 Posts
31/M/IN
Originally posted by:normajean13

shut the fuck up! seriously... its not a fuckin 1 on the scale... thanks for makin the site but please stop given such one sided reviews... i know the new cd sucks but its not a 1... read into things more than that. hardcore and metalcore today does repeat quiet often but dont give it such a shove aside and give it more than the 1 rating. its not even funny... i just see and go WOW DID YOU EVEN LISTEN TO THE CD?! but thanks for this site i love it to death... just dont like your opinions sometimes



way to suck at life
mushroom factory
3,826 Posts
32/M/PA
Originally posted by:ghostwiththemost

and its funny how you talk shit about norma jean and how they are "one of the worst things to happen to music.." ok well get your fuckin ass in a band and get signed by a record lable and play at hellfest.



there are a numer of people on here in bands that are very good and do well for themselves. they play shows, do tours, and put out records. Hellfest hardly means shit, and labels like fucking Tooth & Nail just churn out whatever crap they think is most in line with current trends.

stuff like Norma Jean is for jackasses that think playing it around others makes the listener appear deep and intellectual (because he likes such odd (read:shit) music) as well as scary and threatening (because to all of his friends that haven't converted to "liking" this gay shit yet, it sounds "intense" and "brutal"). this is the same reason why it is suddenly so cool now to say that you love grind.
how tripods work
1,457 Posts
36/M/NY
Originally posted by:Lionel Hutz

its not hardcore music

XRAY Technologist
4,755 Posts
38/M/PA
They have like 3 ok songs. Everything else is just awful noise. I own one of their shirts too. HAHA
I have no legs!
10 Posts
29/M/MA
ok. hey fags. your all saying how this shit is "trying to be hardcore" first of all. how the fuck do you even fuckin know they ARE trying to be hardcore, i mean are you guys some of those dipshits who make music because everyone ELSE likes them? they make music because they like it, not to categorize them as something if they dont want to be, you guys make not like it, some others do, like i said, leave your comments to your self if your just gunna put other people down because of theirs.
I have no legs!
10 Posts
29/M/MA
oh and for you the reviewer, in order to write a good review, you must use FACTS (oh man big word.) from what i read from your shit is a bunch of pathetic oppinions that you used more big words to make your self smart. now go ahead and kick me off the website.
listen to neurosis
10,733 Posts
33/M/VA
^^^^^^^^^^^ a piece of shit person.
vanilla gorilla
213,466 Posts
39/M/PA
Originally posted by:ghostwiththemost

oh and for you the reviewer, in order to write a good review, you must use FACTS (oh man big word.) from what i read from your shit is a bunch of pathetic oppinions that you used more big words to make your self smart. now go ahead and kick me off the website.



want a fact? here's a fact.

this band first changed their name from "luti-kriss" to norma jean because "luti-kriss" sounded too much like a nu metal band.

even more useless than that fact? you. a cd review is A FUCKING OPIONION. deal with it.
I have no legs!
104 Posts
30/M/FL
never liked Norma Jean, and this new CD just kinda made me dislike them even more. I also see this thread turning into the "Atreyu - The Curse" thread. Lol.
nemo_dna
3 Posts
34/M/KY
edited by emogeddon, esq for unneeded self promotion that has no statement on this review.

nice try, buckwheat.
cassanova.
439 Posts
31/M/PA
I couldn't give these guys a better review.
KT88
30,389 Posts
33/M/PA
Originally posted by:ghostwiththemost

ok. hey fags. your all saying how this shit is "trying to be hardcore" first of all. how the fuck do you even fuckin know they ARE trying to be hardcore, i mean are you guys some of those dipshits who make music because everyone ELSE likes them? they make music because they like it, not to categorize them as something if they dont want to be, you guys make not like it, some others do, like i said, leave your comments to your self if your just gunna put other people down because of theirs.




1. norma jean does not play hardcore music, i doubt you even know what hardcore music is.

2. your spelling is seriously atrocious, put down the filthy christ bullshit and pick up some phonics.

3. what you have to say is about as relevant as horse dick in applesauce, fuck yourself

4. ALT + F4 yourself

Log in or sign up to post a comment.